Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a Space Marine Chapter to repaint my army.

I was wondering if there is a Chapter that relies on heavy firepower
(Mechs, Devastators, Tanks...)
instead of Close Combat - which seems way more popular for SMs.

Anyone an idea?

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Not off the top of my head no.

One interesting thing you could do is to make a DIY Chapter, and just make them shooty, B&C has a good SM painter to work a scheme out on as well.

Grish

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actually I am about to do so ATM.

I wanted to name them "Black Dragons" because that name spooked around in my head for a long time, but I realized yesterday, that this Chapter already excists.
So I am in need of a name again (But I will surely find one).

I am writing a Codex for them too, just for fun.
They will have Devastator Squads as Troop Selection, and an improved Sternguard Squad.
But will lack Vanguard Squads or so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah found a similar one of that too, but most of them have no Chapter Tactics listed.

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
i think your best bet would to do a DIY chapter using the Space Wolves Codex as Long Fangs are like Devastators but...even more deadly. So if your looking for that kind of army it could work for you, just a thought anyway.

Grish

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Did not the Aurora chapter rely heavily on armored assaults, and thats was kind of what they were famous for... If I remember correctly...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just looked them up.
You were right. They rely especially on tanks.

But I don't want to play a Tank Chapter.

I want Devastator Troops (I just really like them - no matter how useless now).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Did not the Aurora chapter rely heavily on armored assaults, and thats was kind of what they were famous for... If I remember correctly...
Yep, was about to post that myself. According to the codex they boast more Predators and Land Raiders than three other Chapters combined. The only problem is they have a horrible bright fluorescent green as their main colour.

The Subjugators also have a Predator fleet which is purely Annihilator based. Unfortunately, you have to really dig green!

Hope that helps,

El

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Before the current Dark Angel Codex, the Dark Angels had a thing with plasma weaponry (as they were the only Chapter able to take plasma cannons in Tactical Squads for a time). Some Dark Angel players still stick to this old idea and field very shooty armies, though Codex: Space Marines would probably do a shooty Marine army better.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
It isn't easy being green. Haters...

The best way to cater to your particular needs, as others have said, is to create your own chapter. Coming up with a name is agreeably the hardest part. I think I changed my DIY chapter name about three times before I settled with Knights Adamant. There are a few chapter name generators floating about the internet, I believe, if you're feeling desperate.

No close-quarter units, though? To each his own, but I personally love the revving of chainswords in the morning.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had actually thought of doing this a while back. I had planned on using Thunderfire Cannons, Landspeeders, and shooty Termis as the main hammer for my tac. squads. Let me know if this works out for you I might have to join the ranks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts