Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Awards
Member Nominations.

Its time to give you all a chance to reward the efforts of members on the forums by nominating them for a nice shiny medal.

Its been a while since the Awards were dished out so you can go back as far as you like time wise.

Please ensure that nominations are only for very worthwhile reasons, all nominations will be considered, but forum staff reserve the right to discount any that don't match up to the current standards.

You are allowed to nominate anyone, staff or member, friend or someone you have never met. However it has to be for a good reason. To make a nomination you need to give the name (spelt correctly!) of whomever you would like to nominate. You then need to specify the award which you are nominating them for and give your reason. As part of this we are asking that you give a link to posts or threads that give a good example why your nominee deserves the award.

For more details on the Heresy Online's Awards system check the Heresy Online's Official Award Medals thread. Rather than include all of the medals in this nomination thread, we have only included the ones that you can nominate a member for. The others all have a requirement of some sort, for instances having won a competition.

Please bear in mind that a nomination does not mean that person will receive the award, it means they will be considered for it. Unfortunately we can't give medals to every member or they lose their worth, instead we hope that they will remain special so we can only award them to people who we think are the best of the best. There is also no need to nominate someone just because they nominated you, send them thanks by all means but only make a nomination if you really think that person deserves it.

As a reminder of the process for nomination, here is an example of a medal already awarded:
I nominate Syph for Fulgrim's Favour because of all the fantastic artwork he has produced. For example the medals in this post, the banners he has created for users here and for all the graphics he has produced for headers for the Daemon Adoptables and The Heretic.​
Please remember nomination does not guarantee an award, though nominations with good reasons and examples have a much better chance. As before we are looking for name - award - reason with examples. you do not have to make a nomination unless you want to, indeed if you aren't sure then don't. Each user is only allowed to make one nomination in order to keep the medals as something rare and special.

Harlequin's Kiss:
Humour on the boards.

Fulgrim's Favour:
Artwork of renown.

Order of the Artificer:
Modelling/Converting.

Crest of the Terraformer:
Scenery.

Guilliman's Seal:
Tactics.

Mark of the Hydra:
Rumours.

Seal of the Librarian:
Fluff posts.

Order of the Astropath:
Tutorials.

Insignia of the Artisan:
For top notch painting.

Crest of the Wise.
Consistent quality of posting.

Order of the Codicier:
Awarded for sharing tactical victories and defeats in battle reports.

The medals above are the ones which you can nominate other members or staff for. If you aren't sure exactly what a medal is for then visit this thread for more detail: Heresy Online's Official Award Medals. If you think you are entitled to one of the other medals for whatever reason then contact a staff member.

Also, please check to see if your nominee already has the medal! We had a few last time for people that already had the medal which makes them a wasted vote really.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Posts taken from old Nominations thread.

Well if you are taking nominations i'd like to put forward:

Order of the artificer:

Kobrakai for his outstanding Iron Lords log : http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48401

Xenobiotic
for his beautiful blood angels successors: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58718

Artificer/astropath:

LTP
for the frikkin' titan megathread: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65095

Insignia of the Artisan:

Odin'sgrandson for this and many other amazing paint jobs: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69666
My nominations would be:

Insignia of the Artisan - Kobrakai - For the amazing looking (and certainly motivating) Iron Lord 5th Company in 'Kobrakai's Iron Lords 5th Company'

Seal of the Librarian - the_unchanged -For an amazing and compelling story in 'Seven Shades'

Order of the Astropath - LTP - As equally as she should get an Insignia of the Artisan for the Titan, I nominate LTP for the Order of the Astropath for giving us the few tutorials in order to aid others in the endeavour to make a Forge World titan in 'Reaver Titan A Step by Step Walkthrough - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 & Part 4'

Fulgrim's Favour - Varakir - For making the effort to breathe some colourful life into peoples sigs in 'Making sigs (if you know what you want!)'

The Mark of the Hydra - MadCowCrazy - For all his outstanding efforts in the Rumours section, of latest the Dark Eldar Compilation thread

that's it for now off the top off my head.

Grish
Nominations via PM.

Bubblematrix said:
Just one off the top of my head:

Gog = Medallion of the Chosen (for the cake competition)

odinsgrandson = Insignia of the Artisan
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71801
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72547
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72471

to name a few threads

LTP - Wreath of Champions

Bubblematrix

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
I'd like to nominate Kobrakai for either Order of the Artificer or Seal of the Librarian, for the same reason as stated above. He has gone to the trouble of creating a background for an existing chapter about which little is known, and his painting quality, while not exactly up to a Golden Daemon standard, are extremely good for a gaming standard, and shows it's not too hard to get an effective appearance, with quality, and yet still keep painting at a speed which allows the army to built.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd nominate blackspine for the Order of the Codicier. Not only is he almost single-handedly responsible for the creation of the WHFB Battle Report section, his descriptions of the battles featuring his loathsome Beastmen are always entertaining, informative, and helpful, even to those who don't play (or even ever play against) the beasties.

A worthy receipient.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I would like to nominate Varakir for the order of the artisan. I would also nominate him for his brilliant work on signatures, but wouldn't know what category that would fall under...ROT were good as well but I can only vote for one person :/

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'm going to nominate Baron Spikey for the Seal of the Librarian, for his ridiculously extensive fluff knowledge and willingness to share it with the Heresy population.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
I would like to nominate deathbringer for the Seal of the Librarian, for his many quality posts in The Claw, A Life of Adventure, Attention Brothers 2, Hammer of Olympia; as well as the quality of his work as the head of Three days is all it takes, The Cleansing of Mousillon, and To be a Thousand Son.

Roleplay threads may not be like 40 fluff, or the homebrew fiction sections, but playing out a part requires just as much effort. Deathbringer has been responsible for dozens of high quality 'fluff' posts homebrew or otherwise, he most definitely deserves to at least be recognized for this fact.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I would like to nominate Varakir for the order of the artisan. I would also nominate him for his brilliant work on signatures, but wouldn't know what category that would fall under...ROT were good as well but I can only vote for one person :/
I would like to second that. His excellent work is evidenced in mine, and many others Sig's. Reference thread: Here

SGMAlice

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I would like to second that. His excellent work is evidenced in mine, and many others Sig's. Reference thread: Here

SGMAlice
There is also an example of his work inmy signature, and I know he must have workede hard to find the image of the three iron snakes in background :)

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
I'll go ahead and place a third nomination for Varakir for Order of the Artisan due to his readiness and willingness to create signatures for members of the forum... see below :p

·