Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nolan's (Awesome!) Stuff...

At the risk of a bit of double posting I am going to start a new thread here for Nolan:
Nolan's Vindicator:

Trukk:

Battle-ground with some Guard and Chaos Marines:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nolan's the kid right? If so som egreat stuff from a chap his age. He may want to look at some simple ways of shading/highlighting to make some of that work really 'pop' though :)

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Great work, and I like the added touch of the dead IG crushed under the ruins...

Frankly, he paints better than many adults I know... :victory:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nolan finished painting his bunker and then conned me out of some Orks!

The 'blood splash' on the side of the bunker is where some poor soul got whacked while standing near the wall, note the bullet hits! Nolan is now talking about converting a small WWII tank into an Orky vehicle. Should prove interesting!

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
damn that kid has got some good painting skrillz. Lol tell him to keep up the great work

·
Registered
68 Posts
As someone already said, I know adults that don't paint that well (or at all)- keep him at it and he'll be taking a Daemon in a few years

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
I fail to see the awesome i simply see another kid that will pick up my shinny warhound or Blood Angels to play with......

On that note..

Not bad at all for someone his age! he paints better then most of the local Gw Staff. (Sad part is i kid not its great)

·
Registered
344 Posts
What better army for a kid then orc. Where everything and anything can become a model for them. Also with the ramshakle construction "messy" looks awesome. No need for excuses or short cuts here though. Well done Nolan!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, oh! Better recheck the instructions buddy, I think that you missed a part inside here somewhere!

All done, a very basic scheme of yellow with an orange 'X' over the hull and white under surfaces. Done with spray bombs (a little heavy on the application at times but we are getting better at it!)

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Impressive even for an adult. This kid is going to be a damn good hobbyist when he gets a bit older. On a different note, you guys need to let him out in the sun more often. lol

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
S'funny, I must be imagining the sun outside. :)

Nice work, and more than that, it's nice to see littl'uns taking up the hobby, As long as he doesn't break anything, I encourage Nolan to keep playing.

Edit: anyone else remembering that "Nerds, they're beginning to breed" demotivational?

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
hahah I grew up in Sarnia Ontario man.. the pollution keeps the sun at bay... we all have spinabifida and only come out at night.. that was the old me anyway!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts