Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning to get a unit or two of Noise Marines all decked out with Sonic Blasters, but was disheartened to discover that each box only contains a single Blaster bit, so I bummed around on the Games Workshop site to try and find something that might work instead. Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough, nor have enough time, to simply make them out of green stuff.

Do you guys think the Pulse Rifles on Tau Fire Warriors look close enough to count as a Sonic Blaster for modeling purposes? Is there anything that might be closer?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
GW sells the "emperor's children sonic weapons" in the bits section. 5 blasters and 1 blastmaster. CLICK HERE.

a ninja strikes again! (But I will add the US currency as he does live in the good old U.S.of A. They are $22.25 for the set.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'd use blast carbines if you were going to go Tau, but I think a little converting could make pulse rifles work. As long as your opponent knows what they are, it's fine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would go for the GW bits. These weapons are fairly usefull in battle, lots of firepower.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
A mate of mine has used Tau pulse carbines complete with small dragon heads from the chaos marine range and they look great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts