Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a stupid question, but are the Emperor's Children Noise Marines models plastic or metal? they dont have a description listed on GW's website, and i can't find a pic of them unpainted.

I hate metal models, so this is the deciding factor on whether or not i buy them.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uuuuuuuuuuuuurg. Not as bad as a full-metal kit i guess, but the weapons being metal means gravity just became my worst enemy. Any tips on assembling these buggers?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
uuuuuuuuuuuuurg. Not as bad as a full-metal kit i guess, but the weapons being metal means gravity just became my worst enemy. Any tips on assembling these buggers?
I don't see why you'd have any problems with just superglue and pinning them.

If you need help with pinning there's a tutorial on the forum :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Depending on how many Noise Marines you are running, I suggest just purchasing the regular CSM box of 10 and also the blast master/sonic guns kits. Since you atre going to be dealing with mixed material anyway.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
yea man i would just go with csm plastic set it comes with 10 models just give them bolter arms and proxy as sonic blasters or what i did is sanded down the bolters to a flat surface and used plastic card and guitar chords to make sonic weapons. but if you want to play in actual tournaments you have to have the exact weapons so you might just want to buy the bit packs of sonic weapons its not a bad deal anyways.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Theres a few products out there (such as a spray that makes a certain glue of the same brand harden to a nice strength THE INSTANT you bond the two items, spray the arm, glue the gun, place together, hold for 2 seconds, presto its stuck)

but since these are hard to come by, like others have said. use super glue and hold them till its reasonably dry

·
Registered
596 Posts
yea man i would just go with csm plastic set it comes with 10 models just give them bolter arms and proxy as sonic blasters or what i did is sanded down the bolters to a flat surface and used plastic card and guitar chords to make sonic weapons. but if you want to play in actual tournaments you have to have the exact weapons so you might just want to buy the bit packs of sonic weapons its not a bad deal anyways.
I hope what you meant to say is that if you don't use the GW standard models, but instead convert your own weapons, then you have to ask the tournament organizer or appropriate person whether your converted models are okay.

In the worst case, a tournament organizer could deny your models or ask you to field them as regular CSM; but decent looking converted weapons should be acceptable to most people.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can always pin them together and use washers to weigh down the bases so that tipping is less of an issue. The pins make the join more secure and give it some structure.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
thanks

I hope what you meant to say is that if you don't use the GW standard models, but instead convert your own weapons, then you have to ask the tournament organizer or appropriate person whether your converted models are okay.

In the worst case, a tournament organizer could deny your models or ask you to field them as regular CSM; but decent looking converted weapons should be acceptable to most people.
that is something i was not aware of the reasonable proxy rules good because i have mine all made into some cool looking sonice blasters and they are very similar plastic card remakes but they lack the morphed head on the end of the gun. but yea thank you for that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This may vary from region/country to region/country and it may change each year, but according to the last 2500 'ARD BOYZ tournament, each model had to be at least 80% gw. I could be mistaken though. So as long as the model is that much and it looks like the actual weapon, then I think it would be golden.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts