·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I just registered for this forum cause i like khorne and 40k and all that

but I already have a beef with it:
their was a "No-spam" question and it was

What color are Ultramarines?

and I naturally put Ultramarine blue, because that is what color they are in both gw terms and on the color scale...that is why they are called ultra marines because they are marines who are ultra and just so happen to be coloured ultramarine blue.

so i preceded to put in the term "Ultramarine Blue" about ten times because I kept thinking I was misspelling it after a while I realized that it was indeed a trick question and the answer was "blue" so i put it in and finished my registration

I just thought that this mistake may happen again to another newcomer and I was hopin to bring this to yalls attention

and yes I know this is stupid so i put this in the "off topic section"

anyway thats all

-shako

·
Registered
894 Posts
:shok:

wow...

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
You see that is not actually an anti-spam filter, instead it is a ingeniously disguised anti-idiot filter to deter potential idiots from joining the forums by making them solve a puzzle. Luckily you passed!

Don't tell anyone I told you this :threaten:

:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
You've got a point. "What colour are the Ultramarines?" isn't a good question anyway, but then saying that they aren't coloured ultramarine? Wtf? No offence, but who comes up with these questions?

Thanks for pointing that out, it bring up a lot of questions that should be answered.

·
4,491 Posts
Yes its possible that someone might put "Ultramarines Blue".

Yes its possible that someone may try alternate spellings a few times.

But honestly, i cant imagine somebody sitting at the computer trying 100 times to put the answer in, then finally saying to themselves in a Goofy voice "uhhhhhh, i give up, it must be broken".

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yes its possible that someone might put "Ultramarines Blue".

Yes its possible that someone may try alternate spellings a few times.

But honestly, i cant imagine somebody sitting at the computer trying 100 times to put the answer in, then finally saying to themselves in a Goofy voice "uhhhhhh, i give up, it must be broken".
lol.

The first thing that came to my head was blue. Maybe you were just thinking to literally? Or maybe i dont think too literally lol.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Well, it's a stupid question regardless of answer.

"What colour are the Ultramarines?"

What if you don't play 40k? What if you've never heard of the Ultramarines? And even if you have, Ultramarine is a shade of blue.

Surely the question should be something more like "What is 2+2?", something with a definite answer, not something that's debatable.

tl;dr: The question is shit to start with, somebody fix it.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Q: "What color is an Ultramarine when choked?"

A: "Blue."

is that better than "what color are Ultramarines?"
:laugh: Good one, but no. Because an Ultramarine would just rip your head off after his face turned red with rage. :p

Seriously, bots can't actually do word equations, can they? Just put something with a definitive answer and there won't be any confusion (e.g. What's two plus two?).

·
Registered
894 Posts
Well, it's a stupid question regardless of answer.

"What colour are the Ultramarines?"

What if you don't play 40k? What if you've never heard of the Ultramarines? And even if you have, Ultramarine is a shade of blue.
if you don't play 40k, why are you registering for a 40k site?

the question is fine. the problem exists between keyboard and chair (PEBKAC error!)

the real problem is the answer-checker only checks for 'blue'- it needs to check for, say, 'three or fewer words, one of which is blue'

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
if you don't play 40k, why are you registering for a 40k site?

the question is fine. the problem exists between keyboard and chair (PEBKAC error!)

the real problem is the answer-checker only checks for 'blue'- it needs to check for, say, 'three or fewer words, one of which is blue'
You've missed the Fantasy and LoTR sections. Admittedly it's mainly a 40K site, but I'm willing to put money on the idea that there's a few people who don't come on for 40K.

I see your point though.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
You've got a point. "What colour are the Ultramarines?" isn't a good question anyway, but then saying that they aren't coloured ultramarine? Wtf? No offence, but who comes up with these questions?

Thanks for pointing that out, it bring up a lot of questions that should be answered.
I did.

And ultramarines are "blue". Anyone that struggles with that question is a fucking retard :)

Seriously, bots can't actually do word equations, can they? Just put something with a definitive answer and there won't be any confusion (e.g. What's two plus two?).
Edit/Delete Message
Bots can do whatever they're programmed to do. Most are capable of solving questions like the one you suggested.

The question will not be changed. If it stops one IQ 60 retard from joining the site I'll be happy.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Okay, after a recent PM from Jez I have realised my mistake: I can only conclude that the question is as good as it can get and that this situation must have been a minor hiccup.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

·
The Apathetic one.
580 Posts
Such hatred and anger against the lower IQ..... wait... if that was true why so SM players? :p joke. joke.

Dont ban me. please.

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's a trick question!!! "What color are Ultramarines?" Who can tell under all that blue armor?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts