Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"No saves of any kind are allowed..." is language that creeps up occasionally, i.e., with wounds caused by perils of the warp. This is distinct from "no armor or cover saves are allowed" like with psychic shriek, for example. The BRB, page 17, I believe, states that invulnerable saves may always be taken any time a wound is taken. It uses bold text to amplify the point.

My question, perhaps a stupid one, is does an invulnerable save survive the "no saves of any kind are allowed..." language or can they ALWAYS be taken whenever a wound is taken, as the BRB states? GW tends to use rather sloppy and inconsistent language in their rules, and it seems to me that "no saves of any kind" is used interchangeably with "no armor or cover saves."

So does "no saves of any kind" literally mean what it says? Does this mean even invulnerable saves are not allowed under those circumstances?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
So does "no saves of any kind" literally mean what it says?
Yes, you get boned. That is exactly why there's wording like 'no armour/cover saves allowed'. I don't have a BRB with me at the moment so I can't cross reference this and give page numbers and examples unfortunately.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
No saves of any kind means that you cannot take any type of save, simple as that.
No Cover, Armour or Invul.

"No saves of any kind" and "no cover or armour saves" are not the same thing. They aren't used interchangeably as have very different outcomes.
You need to read the "can always take an invul" in the context of "the armour piecing value has no effect"

Note that Feel No Pain is not a save so can still be taken.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
No saves of any kind means that you cannot take any type of save, simple as that.
No Cover, Armour or Invul.

You need to read the "can always take an invul" in the context of "the armour piecing value has no effect"

Note that Feel No Pain is not a save so can still be taken.

That's why you pay over twice as much for a Riptide tot ake the Stim Injector, because it's the only thing that can save against a Nova Reactor.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Fair enough. I figured it was a stupid question (but still worth asking). Thank you.
Nah, there are far far far more stupider things that have been asked.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Vindaloo curry and a battle suit are not a good mix !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts