Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else had picked up this gem on page 173:

'No Escape
If a Template weapon hits a building's Fire Point or an Open-Topped vehicle and there is a unit embarked inside that building or vehicle, then in addition to any other effects that unit suffers D6 hits, resolved at the Strength and AP of the weapon. These hits are Randomly Allocated.'

I think it's a pretty important thang. Nice that you can poke a couple of Heavy Flamers or a Baleflamer at a Ghost Ark and roast the Warriors without having to get through AV13 and 4 Hull Points.

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it only works on Open-Topped, so it only really affects Orks, Dark Eldar and Necrons, but it does affect them quite a bit. Necrons in particular, as the number of mid/high strength flamers with AP4 or less that people bring has increased over the past edition, I think. No longer can they sit in a Ghost Ark and laugh at people firing off a silly amount of Gauss shots while presenting an AV13 4HP chassis at people.

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A friend pointed out to me that it makes D-Scythes a lot better, which I agree with.

Yes - Ork vehicles are usually gone by the time you'd get into range to flame them, and Dark Eldar vehicles will probably die from anything stronger than a Flamer (although even a Flamer will do a lot of damage to the embarked unit unless it's Incubi or Grotesques), so it's only really Necrons affected.

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, it's a fair cop - destroying Ghost Arks is going to be the devil's job now, so being able to hurt the dudes inside with a niche gun that your opponent may or may not have is pretty forgivable.

Gonna have to try me some Interceptors with Incinerators, I've always wanted to :victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.