Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wow thank you all! :shok:
LTP I rly dont know wear Games Workshop will do with the grey knights, but as for now I dont know what I will be doing.
Also NMMGA (non metalic metal gold adamantium) will be very very hard to paint on a land raider!

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
It looks really good from what I can see but bigger pictures would have been nice.

So is this just a one off figure for the moment?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Also NMMGA (non metalic metal gold adamantium) will be very very hard to paint on a land raider!
Personally I think bright shiny tanks don't look that great anyway. What you could do is go for an easier colour scheme on the vehicles and just confine the gold adamantium to certain areas to integrate it into your army. I've notice you've used white as a secondary colour, so maybe paint the majority of the tank in that? It might not look quite so out of place than if it was painted camo (which is the approach I normally go for).

Good job on the infantry though

·
Registered
643 Posts
Oh wow thank you all! :shok:
LTP I rly dont know wear Games Workshop will do with the grey knights, but as for now I dont know what I will be doing.
I really don't see why. I mean, the wet blending areas are larger, so you should be using larger brushes instead of smaller ones, but that shouldn't be such a huge issue. You'd also have to pick out where the shine lines are, but that also shouldn't be too terribly difficult.

It will take longer, but only because there's so much more surface area to cover, not because the shape is more difficult.

To match the trooper that you've painted, you'll want to break it up with a few other colors, but altogether it wouldn't be any tougher than it was on your marine.

By the way, nice work on the one. I'd love to see a larger pic of him, please.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@odinsgrandson

The blending on larger surface is way easier its defning wear the highlight lines would be on a flat surface pointing towards the sky. Also a landraider or rhino are like canvase I will paint beutiful freehand!

@CaptainBudget

Yes white would be a nice Idea : )

Also thats as big as the picture gets because of the camera I took it on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
you spelt "some" wrong...

but anyhow!
that paint job is awsum! can i permanently borrow your skills from you =P
i bet that could land me with a girlfreind.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts