Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm painting up a fire raptor for a client at the moment and his current army are noise marines. I'm wanting to do the paint scheme from the noise champion in the Current chaos codex, but I'm having some issues with getting the recipe right :/ I've based it with Liche Purple, and have started working on highlight colors but they are overwhelming the base color. Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly a good tutorial on NMM PURPLE, I'm pretty solid with other nmm colors, but this one is a doozy :(

I'm using an airbrush/brush FYI :)

Hopefully someone has some insight into this, looking forward to any responses. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If you look here, Forge World has a guide for how to paint the Pre-Heresy Emperor's Children. Now, that will probably give you a darker purple than you want for noise marines, but you could then add layers of just pure Genestealer Purple, or perhaps some Lucius Lilac? Either way, that's where I would personally start, but there may be others with different suggestions.

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys,

I'm not really confused on the color aspect of it, but mainly location of glares and highlighted edges. I've been staring at it for too long so I took a breather last night. My updated question is, where to put glare and reflections on square edges and panels?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts