Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Sorry Reaper we are not going to agree with your gun fetish no matter how many times you argue it.
So explain to me why games like COD counterstrike GTA and halo are so popular? It wouldn't be because they involve shooting things would it?

It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not. (you do in fact agree with me but your ego ensures that you will never admit it.) The fact remains that kids play games involving guns, it's fairly clear there's a good reason for it.

I would never in my life wanna own a Gun. Why not have a law that say you need to have it locked up. Even better, you need to show you have a safe to store it. Even better, two safe so you can have it dismantled and locked up in two places. Anything less is Linda folly if you ask me. But what do I know? I only live in one of the safest country in the world where stuff like that is common sense.
Most places do have those laws, however exactly what counts as a safely stored firearm is up for debate.

Some places having them hanging on a wall with a trigger lock or metal cable through the guard is enough. Other places, require a safe.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
just because they don't have access doesn't mean they don't want the.
Nobody I know here in Aus wants a gun. Too much risk for no gain some say, others simply have no interest in guns at all. The one person I know who used to own guns back when it was legal doesn't miss them at all either. Thus demonstrating that your forbidden theory is bullshit. We're doing fine as a country without guns.

Personally, I would loathe having that kind of responsibility. And if you have to have them dismantled and locked up in two different secure safes, they're not exactly going to be of much use against a surprise intruder are they?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Nobody I know here in Aus wants a gun. Too much risk for no gain some say, others simply have no interest in guns at all. The one person I know who used to own guns back when it was legal doesn't miss them at all either. Thus demonstrating that your forbidden theory is bullshit. We're doing fine as a country without guns.

Personally, I would loathe having that kind of responsibility. And if you have to have them dismantled and locked up in two different secure safes, they're not exactly going to be of much use against a surprise intruder are they?
Last time I checked your country had a larger population than just people you know.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
So your logic is because kids play video games with guns, we should give them guns to play with in real life....

Like I said gun fetish, your not wanting it for anything more than to have as a toy.

Pretty much anytime the subject of guns come up, you prove how much you really should not have one.

To be honest, I have no issues with people having guns, I have issues with the fact that they are viewed as toys. This death is because it was being treated as a tourist attraction and not the weapon it actually is.

There is no reason for the general populace to have access to semi or automatic weapons.

Of course this is nothing I have not said before and directly to you also Reaper so I will just stop posting now because I don't have the time to go in circles about it anymore.

If you wish to argue more, just do a search of my name and guns, you will find all my thoughts on the mater, many of them responses to your fetish wishes.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
So your logic is because kids play video games with guns, we should give them guns to play with in real life....

Like I said gun fetish, your not wanting it for anything more than to have as a toy.

Pretty much anytime the subject of guns come up, you prove how much you really should not have one.

To be honest, I have no issues with people having guns, I have issues with the fact that they are viewed as toys. This death is because it was being treated as a tourist attraction and not the weapon
I re read my posts and I'm failing to understand how you managed to interpret my words as that?

I'm saying we teach kids proper gun handling which will equal respect. Instead of letting the COD generation grow up thinking that guns are just a cool thing to own.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Ever hear of forbidden fruit? once you forbid someone from something it instantly becomes cool and is something they are going to want to get. It's allot better to teach them safely how to use something than to keep it away from them, otherwise they're going to get ahold of it and it's going to be allot worse.
So explain to me why games like COD counterstrike GTA and halo are so popular? It wouldn't be because they involve shooting things would it?
Such a crock of shit as I've ever heard in all my life. It's the same old excuse from the gun fanatics.

I grew up and live in a country with some of the strictest gun control in the world, where a farmer with legitimate reason to have a shotgun or .22 rifle has to jump through hoops to get a licence to own them. And when they do get them they are subject to on the spot inspections to make sure their guns and ammo are safely stored in the manner laid down on their licence. Our normal cop on the beat isn't even armed. And you know what? Nobody here is crying out for a loosening of those laws. And we are a people with a far more recent experience of fighting off oppressors than you lot. We did it for 700 years in fact, as opposed to the little skirmish you use to keep up the pretence of the people needing weapons.

That 2nd amendment bullshit excuse that there needs to be an armed militia in case of emergencies that you lot trot out is so fucking out of date that it's not funny any more, and those that use it come across as retarded fanatics. And God knows that the world has enough of them.

As for equating the popularity of shooter computer games to a desire to shoot people by everyone that plays them, that is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on the internet.

You, my friend, have just proved that above anything else, an IQ test should be compulsory for gun ownership in any jurisdiciton.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Nope and up until the mid 70's this country wasn't retarded about the whole thing. Then the NRA had a coup happen among their leadership and it has been batshit stupid since. Before then the NRA was one of the main factors for gun control and responsibility in the US. A large chunk of our major federal gun laws came from before that coup via the NRA lobby drives for greater gun control.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I always thought the American's Armed Militia was fulfilled by the national guard.
Nonono. You see, the general public has to be able to own a handgun so they can fight off the pesky totalitarian regime that has taken control of the White House. And has, you know, F-18s, Stealth Bombers, Tanks, APCs, Aircraft Carriers, ICBM Silos and Nuclear Submarines. But it's alright, because you've got a six shooter in your dresser. Or is it to fight off aliens? I forget.

And reaper, I appreciate the sentiment you're putting across that someone should be properly trained how to use something that they have a need to use.

So if you NEEDED a gun for day-to-day purposes (such as hunting to survive in the 1800s) then it makes sense to be trained from an early age in it's safety and operation. However nobody in America barring a very exceptional minority of people NEED to use a gun day-to-day. Therefore they have no reason to be trained in their use, or indeed allowed access to them at all. If you don't NEED an item that is designed to kill people, you shouldn't own it. Because obviously the more lethal weapons you have in a country accessible by the population, the more accidental fatalities you will get per year.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Reaper is from Canada, it is what makes his comments even more out of touch and sad.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
I always thought the American's Armed Militia was fulfilled by the national guard.
No; unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how one views it, the second amendment was written in such a way that it gives private citizens complete freedom to firearms and forbids the state from removing them. That being said they lived in a time where if you were getting more than a shot a minute you were cooking with fucking rocket fuel, so I can't for the life of me imagine them allowing any old dipshit access to a weapon that can pump out 900 of them in that amount of time.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Which is basically the same reason I can't take anyone who follows a religious text seriously.

/offtopic

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Such a crock of shit as I've ever heard in all my life. It's the same old excuse from the gun fanatics.

I grew up and live in a country with some of the strictest gun control in the world, where a farmer with legitimate reason to have a shotgun or .22 rifle has to jump through hoops to get a licence to own them. And when they do get them they are subject to on the spot inspections to make sure their guns and ammo are safely stored in the manner laid down on their licence. Our normal cop on the beat isn't even armed. And you know what? Nobody here is crying out for a loosening of those laws. And we are a people with a far more recent experience of fighting off oppressors than you lot. We did it for 700 years in fact, as opposed to the little skirmish you use to keep up the pretence of the people needing weapons.

That 2nd amendment bullshit excuse that there needs to be an armed militia in case of emergencies that you lot trot out is so fucking out of date that it's not funny any more, and those that use it come across as retarded fanatics. And God knows that the world has enough of them.

As for equating the popularity of shooter computer games to a desire to shoot people by everyone that plays them, that is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on the internet.

You, my friend, have just proved that above anything else, an IQ test should be compulsory for gun ownership in any jurisdiciton.
If you managed to get wanting to shoot people out of what I said, I really think you're the one who should get checked out.

Because I never implied or stated that, I said that they are popular because of guns, nothing more. nothing less.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
If you managed to get wanting to shoot people out of what I said, I really think you're the one who should get checked out.

Because I never implied or stated that, I said that they are popular because of guns, nothing more. nothing less.
But you completely ignore my argument against your "forbidden fruit" idea. Fire arms are almost completely forbidden in this country, yet people are not out sourcing them just because they are forbidden. It's not like kids trying to get their hands on booze or matches. It's quite the opposite. The general populace are actually very anti firearms, even finding the proposition of openly armed police patrolling the streets disturbing any time the matter comes into the public arena.

The simple fact is, if guns aren't available to the general populace, they really don't feel the need to go to any real effort to get their hands on them. If teenagers have a beef in school, they have to stick to the good old fist fight, instead of going home and getting Daddy's guns and shooting up the school.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
But you completely ignore my argument against your "forbidden fruit" idea. Fire arms are almost completely forbidden in this country, yet people are not out sourcing them just because they are forbidden. It's not like kids trying to get their hands on booze or matches. It's quite the opposite. The general populace are actually very anti firearms, even finding the proposition of openly armed police patrolling the streets disturbing any time the matter comes into the public arena.

The simple fact is, if guns aren't available to the general populace, they really don't feel the need to go to any real effort to get their hands on them. If teenagers have a beef in school, they have to stick to the good old fist fight, instead of going home and getting Daddy's guns and shooting up the school.
So if people are against them how do places like Burger's and Bullet's in the US operate? It's a popular tourist attraction that caters to people all over the world.

Yes I know it's a straw argument but the point remains, if they really believed in their countries laws they wouldn't be giving them money.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
And we have hit the Reaper is spewing garbage just to argue part of the thread.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Quite sad. As for the Argument that this created. I like guns, I like the freedom to own one if I want to as well. Nuff said.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Why not have a law that say you need to have it locked up. Even better, you need to show you have a safe to store it. Even better, two safe so you can have it dismantled and locked up in two places. Anything less is Linda folly if you ask me. But what do I know? I only live in one of the safest country in the world where stuff like that is common sense.
We in Canada have firearms storage and transportation laws. All semi-autos and handguns can only be taken to an approved firing range and you have to have a prior permit issued to you to do that. All semi-autos and handguns must be stored in either a specially designed and constructed gun room or in a safe. Non semi-auto shotguns and bolt action rifles can be used on private or Crown land where it's allowed and can be stored just with a trigger lock out of sight in the place of permanent residence. All firearms and ammo must be stored separately and ammo must be locked in a safe or inside of a gun room.

I personally think our gun laws are stupid and only used to harass legal owners by the Police. There was a story of guy who had his guns inside the safe in his basement. He went on vacation and while he was away burglars got into his house and broke into the gun safe and stole his guns. Apparently it took them two days to do that but the owner still was charged by the Police for the "unsafe storage" which could have resulted if he got convicted in jail time and a permanent ban on owning any guns. He had to spend a lot of money on lawyers and had the charges dropped but he got lucky.

61 - 80 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.