Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Don't knock it till you try it. It's fun to do in a safe environment.
There's nothing wrong with firing an Uzi on full auto. However, there is a problem with firing an Uzi on full auto if you're a 9 year old.

When I learned to shoot it was with bolt action, lever action and break barrels, the way the odds of something bad happening was low.
Which is what they should've done with the daughter.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
So, guns shouldn't be allowed near children. To think otherwise is a rather silly idea. :whistle:

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Serp, the world is chock full of silly ideas.
Oh, well that makes it okay. :crazy:

You freedom hating communist!
-most radical rightwingers
Freedom comes at the cost of security. In cases like these, I know easily which I'd rather have. There is no justification for the average citizen to have access to military grade assault weapons.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
When I learned to shoot it was with bolt action
Ah, the days when .22 Rifles were mainstream. They really should return to those.

o, guns shouldn't be allowed near children
You mean Assault Weapons shouldn't be near children. Why a 9yr old....I have no clue. No child should use a AW, SMG, LMG, MG, HOWs, or Hand Grenades; it is a mans tool for war not fun. On the opposing side all paperwork was filed, and the instructor probably knew what he was doing and trusted the girl could handle the weapon.

If anything what I find incredulous is that more people are not sympathetic to the girl. If you see the Unrated Video the shoot splatters blood all over the girls face, and she is clearly stunned (like a bad Anime death scene). If anything we should grieve for the Instructor, but feel pity for the girl; for she will have to live with the knowledge and memory of being a murder for the rest of her life. :(

There is no justification for the average citizen to have access to military grade assault weapons
So if I do purchase my M16A4 Assault Rifle I had in the Army.....your gonna take that from me? I think not good sir, I think not

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Uzi is not an "assault weapon". In this particular case it was a selective fire submachine gun model but they also come as semi-auto.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
You mean Assault Weapons shouldn't be near children.
No, I mean fucking guns in general shouldn't be near kids. They're deadly weapons no matter which way you look at ti and shouldn't be treated as toys.

So if I do purchase my M16A4 Assault Rifle I had in the Army.....your gonna take that from me? I think not good sir, I think not
Well, whether I could take it or not is a matter of circumstance, but if you were going to throw out a challenge like that it is pretty certain that you'd need it. :whistle:

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Depends on the definition of "assault weapon".

A burp gun with the ability to fire on full-automatic pretty much falls under any sane persons definition of assault weapon.
There is only one definition of an "assault weapon":
"An assault rifle is a select fire shoulder arm chambered for an intermediate power rifle cartridge capable of being fed from a detachable magazine."

Under you definition, a BB gun, firing plastic balls, utilizing an internal electrical motor and made of clear plastic is an "assault weapon". Even if it looks like from a Sci-Fi movie and not an exact replica of a real firearm.

No, I mean fucking guns in general shouldn't be near kids. They're deadly weapons no matter which way you look at ti and shouldn't be treated as toys.
We in Canada have a Cadet Corps (Army, Navy, Air Force). They are teenagers who are involved in militaristic/fitness training. As far as I know they get to fire .22 rifles and I have never herd of a rifle jumping in their hands and killing anyone. It must be a special Canadian air.

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
"An assault rifle is a select fire shoulder arm chambered for an intermediate power rifle cartridge capable of being fed from a detachable magazine."
That is the definition of an "assault rifle" not an "assault weapon"

"An assault weapon is any of various semi or fully automatic firearms, especially assault rifles but not exclusively"

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

Under you definition, a BB gun, firing plastic balls, utilizing an internal electrical motor and made of clear plastic is an "assault weapon". Even if it looks like from a Sci-Fi movie and not an exact replica of a real firearm.

We in Canada have a Cadet Corps (Army, Navy, Air Force). They are teenagers who are involved in militaristic/fitness training. As far as I know they get to fire .22 rifles and I have never herd of a rifle jumping in their hands and killing anyone. It must be a special Canadian air.
No they switched to pellet guns last I heard.

Apparently whiny parents who don't understand what a .22 is complained.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I'm assuming you realise the difference between a 9yr old with an Uzi and a teenager with (probably) the lowest powered semi-auto/bolt action rifle money can buy.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
That is the definition of an "assault rifle" not an "assault weapon"

"An assault weapon is any of various semi or fully automatic firearms, especially assault rifles but not exclusively"
By the definition of the "assault rifle" the "assault weapon" can not be "semi-auto" especially if no any other distinctive characteristics are given.

No they switched to pellet guns last I heard. Apparently whiny parents who don't understand what a .22 is complained.
In my time, some of the senior cadets were also trained on C7A1 and went with my battalion for yearly shooting qualification to the range.

I'm assuming you realise the difference between a 9yr old with an Uzi and a teenager with (probably) the lowest powered semi-auto/bolt action rifle money can buy.
I know the difference, it's Serpion5 who thinks that kids and "fucking guns in general" shouldn't be together.

·
Registered
176 Posts
.22's count as a BMG? who knew.
He is from UK. They are only allowed side by side shotguns there as everything else is an "assault weapon". It's our future if the Liberals win again in the federal election. As much as I hate Harper and his buddies at least they were smart enough to bring down the moronic gun registry for the non-restricted class. The only thing I am jealous of UK is their law allowing them the use of sound suppressors for "health reasons and the elimination of noise pollution".

21 - 40 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.