Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we all know what happened at Nikea. But when after the heresy did they "repeal" the big-E's edict? Was it in the Codex Astartes to maintain Librariums?

Also, I have read almost all the BL books, and in A Thousand Sons when the Emperor speaks, it was the coolest moment in any book BL I have read I must say.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
It was never offically repealed.. The edict still stands, which is really weird, considering librarians, guard psykers and Grey Knights.

I think they just realised that Magnus was right and that not all psykers were evil, indeed the imperium couldn't function without them.

Mortarion wasn't going to make a stink about it (pun intended) and the Big E was in no fit state to act otherwise. The codex does talk about the role of the librarium but we don't really know what it says

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
I thought Nikea was just trainers made by people with silly names that sound like penis, and are all yellow and blue?, guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The real council of nicea (clearly where GW stole the idea) was a meeting of biblical scholars who met to decide the very first christian bible, and what should be included within it, for example they had to deceide which gospels to include, as they had something like 13 gospels written and submitted, but choose to include the 4 from mathew mark luke and john. It was an attempt of the roman empire to control the religous beliefs of its citizens, as it was being torn apart by a series of what can best described a heretical beliefs and division.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Let's look at this, then. The Librarium got disbanded, and the Librarians ordered back into the battle-companies. This means the Librarians were still around during and after the Heresy. I would also wager that in the Librarian-friendly legions, they would also be allowed to mildly recruit people into a make-shift 'librarium' to contain the emergence of Psykers.

This could explain numerous inconsistencies, such as the librarian Zahariel in the Dark Angels Horus Heresy series of books. He, too, uses little of his powers and barely (as I understand it) gets any training to improve upon the basics that he has been taught.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have had this thought as well. As I read it in Thousand Sons, it came down to interpretation on the part of the legions. The Space Wolf Rune Priests didn't see themselves as being librarians or sorcerors. This may have been true of several other legions at the time of the Heresy. And at the stage it was too late for the Big E to say hey guys I said no.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts