Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have gone through painting my first squad of Minotaurs and they are...bright. I used Warplock Bronze as a base then Hashnut Copper then highlights with Runlord Brass. They have nice shadows but are really look like they are one color and the shading looks like it is due to natural shadows, while I know it is not. I was thinking of trying to "weather" them by using Nihilakh Oxide and was curious it anyone else has tried this. I don't want to ruin my work but I believe it is the only thing that is going to really make them stand out.

Thoughts or comments?

Thanks!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I really like the Special effects paints and Nihilakh oxide should work really nicely on the Minotaurs. If you think they are too bright possibly try making a slightly darker mix instead for instance I generally use a really thinned down mix of Hawk Turquoise and Caliban green but the rest of my brass is generally quite dirty anyway (I mainly use it on nurgle models). Also try using Blood for the blood god on the weapons to create some bloodsplatter.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
You may want to look through Jacobite's project log to see what he does for Minotaurs LINKY it may give you some ideas.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Ah I thought you meant Beastmen Minotaurs and themetal on that looked too light.... I don't think Nihilakh Oxide would work that well on marine models unless you are making it look chaosy

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After looking at Jacobite's log I decided to try it and I really like the outcome! I went with less than he did and hope to get some pics up in a log tonight. Thanks everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts