Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was sitting here for so long deciding which section to post this list up in and finally decided to post it where I think it belongs. As the title states, this is a nightlords army using the Blood Angels codex. Posting a Sm army list on the chaos board :shok:!!! An atrocity in some ways yes, but I felt I had to do justice for the nightlords considering the 5th edition chaos book makes for a very poor and unfluffy army in comparison the the 4th edition book. And yeah I mean, using the BA codex probably isn't too appropriate either in terms of fluff but I figured The nightlords had captured vehicles from the blood angels hence why they have a couple stormraven's and what have you. I'm even going to develop more fluff to support the idea. Plus, the way the new BA codex is with the fast vehicles just seems very Nightlord Like. Same goes for the jump pack aspect of Blood Angels as well and the ability to use them effectively. I stayed away from Special characters because that just seems wayyy out of hand. Kept to the more basic troops to be as fluffy as possible. I decided taking out my sanguinary guard out of the list for that exact reason. So without further adieu here's the list:

HQ:
1. Captain- jump pack, lightning claw, infernus pistol (155)
Honour guardx5- jump packs (165)
[rides on the stormraven and strikes where is needed right away]
2. Librarian- jump pack, blood lance, shield of sanguinius (125)
Honour guardx5- jump packs, hand flamer, PF (200)
[same idea as the captain's squad. I was think of replacing the Libby with something else to stay more true to the fluff but I also want the list to be fairly competetive so decided to keep him in. At least for now]

Troops:
1. Assault squadx5- Melta gun, PW, combat shield- razorback- TL assault cannon (185)
2. Assault squadx5- Melta gun, PW, combat shield- razorback- TL assault cannon (185)
3. Assault squadx5- Melta gun, PW, combat shield- razorback- TL assault cannon (185)
4. Assault squadx5- Melta gun, PW, combat shield- razorback- TL assault cannon (185)
5. Assault squadx5- Melta gun, PW, combat shield- razorback- TL las cannon (185)
[I am very curious as to how this will work out. I think that the high number of STR 6 rending shots will be more effective than let's say have 5 Las cannons. Especially against my friend's mech eldar list. Plus it has the anti-infantry capalities as well. Something a Las cannon lacks. The Las razor will sit back on home objective and pop things from a distance]

Heavy:
1. Stormraven- TL multi melta, TL plasma cannon, EA (215)
2. Stormraven- TL multi melta, TL plasma cannon, EA (215)
[I included these because I really want to model a night lords stormraven. I have some pretty sweet ideas on how that would look like. Plus they are pretty interesting vehicles indeed. I basically plan on having them on the board with everything else and rushing my 2 HQ squad into combat, popping things along the way, and then blast things with the plasma cannon from a distance]

So there it is. Could definitely use some imputs from anyone familiar with the BS codex. I know I could get more input if placed it in the SM armylists section but even tho I'm using the BA codex, they are still Nightlords at heart and will be modeled as so. It's only right that it's posted here :biggrin:

·
Registered
854 Posts
IMO, TL Las < TL Plasma + Las

Even if you are counting on sitting it back the enemy WILL close with you and you will be glad of extra shots, and you can take 2 weapon destroyed results.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
This looks interesting, but i don't own a BA codex, so i can't help you, your going to be better off in the BA forum, not many of us will be fimiliar with BA! :)

I'd like to see that as a finished army tho! Post it if you ever get round to it. :)

Sorry i can't help any further!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts