Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!!!
It's been quite a while since I've played with Space Wolves (or painted them), but suddenly after learning a few new painting tips, I'm really eager to start again. I like the following list a lot as It's unlike anything I've ever played before (I usually footslog/deepstrike):

_________________________​

Rune Priest: 165 Pts
Runic Armour
Space Marine Bike
Wolftooth Necklace
(Joins Swiftclaw Bikers)

Swiftclaw Biker Pack: 190 Pts
5 Swiftclaw Bikers
Powerfist
Swift Claw Attack Bike with Multi-Melta
Swiftclaw Guard

Fenrisian Wolf Pack: 96
11 Fenrisian Wolfs
Cyberwolf

Wolf Guard Pack: 158 Pts
Swiftclaw Guard: 73 Pts
Powerfist
Space Marine Bike
Grey Guard: 43 Pts
Combi-Melta
Powerfist
Grey Guard 2: 43 Pts
Combi-Melta
Powerfist

Grey Hunters Pack 2: 165 Pts
9 Grey Hunters
Meltagun
Powerfist
Grey Guard 2

Rhino: 35 Pts

Grey Hunters Pack: 165 Pts
9 Grey Hunters
Meltagun
Powerfist
Grey Guard

Rhino: 35 Pts

Blood Claws Pack: 365 Pts
13 Blood Claws
Meltagun
Powerfist
Hall Darkwolf (Lukas the Trickster)

Land Raider Crusader: 250 Pts

Predator: 105 Pts
Twin-linked Lascannon

Predator: 60 Pts
Storm Bolter

Long Fangs: 100 Pts
4 Long Fangs + Squad Leader
Missile Launcher x4

Long Fangs 2: 100 Pts
4 Long Fangs + Squad Leader
Missile Launcher x4

Total = 2000 Pts

_________________________​

As the title says, this is a fast army. But it's purpose is not to assault, but to get close enough and then launch the vehicles smoke launchers while the Priest casts Storm Caller. The hunters will disembark. Over the following turns, the Rune Priest, Bikers, Fenrisian WOlves and Land Raider with Lukas and co will crash with the foe while the Long Fangs provide support from far, far away (roughly 40"). In objective based games, the Hunters will stay disembarked and the army will be split into two: the defensive and offensive. The defensive consists of the two Long Fang units, the Predators, and one of the Grey Hunters squads (to defend the units from scouts or somethin). The offensive will be the Priest, Bikers, Wolves, LR with Lukas and co and the other Grey HUnters and their rhinos. The offensive will rush forwards nowards the closest objective while the defensive cuts down elements at the other objectives. Then again, not all the best battleplans go according to plan. But the good thing about this army concerning that is it is fast enough to redeploy where they are needed. So hopefully it would help win games. (The only thing I'm definetly keeping is Lukas seeing how I'm doing a conversion for him and like his stats and rules)

Please answer soon. Thanks :biggrin:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Assuming the Land Raider is dedicated to a squad; you have 4 heavy support choices (2 predators and 2 long fang squads) so the list is illegal. You need to change that before all else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts