Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Night Watch Background

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Wrath of Khaine 
I like it for the most part, eighty marines isn't a lot for a strike force, even if they are Grey Knight level.

However, considering everything it works well and makes sense. I was hoping for a bit of a darker edge to them (more like the Exorcists who I have taken a liking to) but this darker Grey Knight works well.

So do you see thema s being a sort of darker sub-faction of the Grey Knights, or a sort of Grey Knight-like chapter of Space Marines?

Oh its no trouble at all, I like reading well-thought fluff and helping people however I can.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot that Inquisitors had their own Storm Troopers and could pretty much tell the IG to do whatever they wanted. This makes a lot more sense in that light, I guess it would greatly if the radicals were trying to control something lioke a Bloodthirster and it got out of hand, call in the Night Watch (Nyx Watch.)

Just on a sidenote, I'd advise you keep the "Night" element in your refreshing.

On the Imperial side "Night" usually means dealing with darkness and it sort of hints at the slightly chaotic connection, but Nyx is related to night, so I guess that works too.

Guard is pretty suitable, Nyx Guard sounds okay.

you could try for something like "Talons of Nyx" as chapters don't have to be two words...

Maybe "Wards" or "Wardens?" I mean despite the "dark" aspect they are still supposed to be some of the good guys...well...as good as the Imperium is.

How about "Daggers of Nyx" or "Nyx Razors" to convey their stealthy, behind-closed-doors nature and lethality?

I'm just throwing ideas out there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.