Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished Blood Reaver (Book II in Aaron Dembski Bowden's Night Lord series) and now I really want to build a Night Lords army, I haven't played a CSM force before but have always bounced the idea around and whats better then an army of renegade batman

I want to keep it close to the books so not just raptor spam but focus on my tactical squads (claws) as well, and obviously little to no signs of corruption

Here is what I am brainstorming let me know what y'all think!! Thanks!

Note: Everyone gets Vet of the Long War (seems pretty fluffy)

HQ
Lord - sigil of corruption, power wep, jet pack

Troops
Chaos Marine Squad - x10, plasma gun, power wep, rhino (x3)

Cultist Squad - 20 cultists, autoguns

Fast Attack
Raptor - x5 not sure best way to kit them, thinking they go with lord and hunt characters or tie up back field objectives

Fortifications
Aegis Defense Line - Quad Gun

So basic idea is to drop the aegis in the back with the cultist to hold home objectives, raptors and lord go after either back field or other characters while marines do what marines do. I am not sure what to take for heavy support (predators?) and a bit more anti air. All tips are welcome!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Remade the list using the Black Legion supplement to represent the veteran status of the remnants of the 8th Legion. Still a rough list any tips are welcome!!

Night Lords (Black Legion rules)

HQ

Lord – jump pack, sigil of corruption, spineshiver blade, skull of ker’ngar, veteran of the long war

Troops

Chosen – x10, x2 plasma gun, power sword, veterans of the long war, rhino
Cultists – x20, auto-guns

Fast Attack

Raptors – x10, x2 melta guns, melta bombs, veterans of the long war

Heavy Support

Havocs – x5, x4 auto-cannons, veterans of the long war
Havocs – x5, x4 las-cannons, veterans of the long war

Fortifications

Aegies Defense Line – Quad Gun

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Nothing to say. Fluffy and evil. How many points that will be? 2000 ?
Only thing: you bring 3 units of chosen that are no better (with their equip) than regular marines. I it was my list, i'd go with
Chosen – x9, x4 plasma gun, veterans of the long war, rhino
Chosen – x9, x4 meltagun, power sword, veterans of the long war, rhino
Chaos Marines – x10, x2 plasma gun, veterans of the long war, Icon of Vengenace, rhino

And i should even have some spare points
Cheers :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips! I wasn't sure which way to go with the chosen because they were getting rappidly more expensive every upgrade and I didn't want to sink all my points into them and lose out somewhere else but I like your builds! Thanks

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
My advice, just run one unit of chosen. Keep them with flamers and use them as a close assault unit, they get close and use the +1 A they have on profile to the best advantage, then have two other squads cheap with the 2 plasma/Melta Guns

Should keep you some points for raptors, which is the nightlords thing..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts