Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just wondering, in your opinion, which super heavy vehicle/apoc unit best suits my Night Lords? I'm looking to expand my force, and want something big as an impressive centrepiece. I was thinking some sort of flyer because it fits in nicely with the hit and run style of the Night Lords, but would much prefer a ground based unit. Are there any Night Lord fitting (i.e. fast and decisive) apoc units that I'm not aware of?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
If you are going for a standard Thunderhawk it has either the generic imperial or choice of loyalist chapter specific side doors.

If you get a Thunderhawk transporter I believe the land raider/rhinos comes with a door set matching the Thunderhawk.

Forge World do not currently sell any chaos Thunderhawk doors.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Surely you could get treacherous Guardsmen and get the FW Elysian Tauros assault vehicle (in a squadron, of course), they are extremely quick, simple, cheap and effective in games, especially against swarm armies like Tyranids or Orks.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
thunderhawks would be good, maybe a warhound titan or baneblade/macharius/malcador varient
I think people are missing the "Night lords" part, I doubt a force as quick and hitty and runny as the night lords would be happy having a Malcador/macharius/baneblade dragging behind, plus its not an easy vehicle to get behind the enemy

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think people are missing the "Night lords" part, I doubt a force as quick and hitty and runny as the night lords would be happy having a Malcador/macharius/baneblade dragging behind, plus its not an easy vehicle to get behind the enemy
maybe he/she could write some homebrew rules to give them supercharged engines or something? I was just giving him/her some ideas . . .

·
Registered
468 Posts
just give forgeworld a ring and see if they can swap the doors to nightlords ones.

i'm sure casting the chaos doors instead of the loyalist ones are easily worth the £400 you pay for the thunderhawk transporter, and they'd be stupid to turn down such a simple request.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts