Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

been lurking a bit (mostly on daemons) so thought i'd chime in with a post :biggrin:

I'm looking to make use of my CSM's (playing mainly zerks and pm's atm) and thought a night lords army could be a good idea! I'd like a list that's effective against most army types...it's just cheaper!

i think i've got off to a good start:

HQ
Lord (155)
Jump Pack, Daemon Weapon, melta bombs

Troops

CSM x7 (200)
Rhino, 2x meltaguns, Champion, PF

CSM x7 (200)

CSM x8 (175)
Rhino, 2x meltaguns

FA
Raptors x 8 (220)
2x meltagun, Champion w/ PF

Raptors x 8 (220)

HS

2x Las preds (165 each)

Thoughts? I think the melta spam helps it work as an offensive army...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like the way you are running the CSMs, in my experience it's very effective. As far as Heavy support goes, while the Las preds are nice, Obliterators can do the same thing and more, and 2 of them will be cheaper than the 2 preds. As for the Lord, a Daemon Prince with wings and the Mark of Tzeentch will last longer (no Instant Death) and will generally be more effective than the Lord and won't cost much more, and it stays with the theme. I can't help you with the raptors as I have never used them, but the twin melta is good. Otherwise good effort. What sort of armies will you be playing against?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mate,

thanks, the csms were a no brainer for me...need those scoring units! I agree that I'd probly only look to tinker with my heavy support and hq.

I agree that a dp would be more effective for the same cost, but I jut think he would attract too much fire. My main opponents are Sm, nids irks, and occasionally eldar, so they can lay down a bit of fire.

I def considered obliterators. I stuck with preds at the end o the day cos of the snp rule, as well as the t4... Can easily be instakilled? Plus i like the idea of 5 metal boxes, and a very mobile army.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
nice list.

i got no qualms with it so i hope you do well. good luck.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I like the list, but out of curosity; are you planning on deep striking the raptors? There's nothing wrong if you are, it'll throw your opponent off for sure.

I'd say keep the preads. Unlike obliterators, a preaditor needs something with a str of +7 to even damage it(from the front). I run my tanks with an auto cannon and spons mountes las cannon. It's a nice all around tank, and it's cheap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to get the second specail weapon, they must be 10 man units.
Damn, thanks for pointing that out! revised list:

HQ
Lord (155)
Jump Pack, Daemon Weapon, melta bombs

Troops

CSM x10 (245)
Rhino, 2x meltaguns, Champion , PF

CSM x10 (245)

CSM x7 (150)
Rhino, 1x meltaguns

FA
Raptors x 7 (200)

Raptors x 7 (200)

HS

1 x Las preds (165)
1 Pred w/ auto & las sponsons

Had to sacfrice the TL Las, which I wasn't too happy about. Raptor squads are prob the min size I'd take them. That third CSM squad is probly gonna be more a tarpit/objective rusher, given it doesn't have much oomph.

The more I consider them, the more I prefer preds to obliterators, so I stuck with them.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Not too much I can say, the list looks good, and looks fun to play. Just be careful if your planning on Deep striking those Raptors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts