Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new edition of fantasy coming, im wanting to start a fun force so i can finaly get into the game after 3 years in the hobby. I have always loved greenskins and the monsters that go with them, so i was thinking a night goblin horde army. But, what im wandering, is what is the best way to about it as i dont have a codex yet, and have very little playing experience. Im starting off with two BFSP night goblin forces, so 80 spearmen and 40 archers, 20 spider riders a shaman, boss and a pair of trolls. I then intend to add another troll or two, a giant, and a suitable general (toss up between skarsnik, or the gigantic spider). Where should i go from here? Fanatics? netters and clubbers? squigs? Any help will be very appreciated!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Looks like you already have a nice solid starting force. As for what to get next, if it's a fun army get the models you like the look of. Thats how I started out:eek:k:

Skarsnik can be a pretty mean character. You can't go wrong with squigs and fanatics. A few artillary units and you are good to go

Skar

·
Registered
34 Posts
What to add for 8th!

I would definitely suggest rock lobba or 2, 2-4 spear chukkas, at least 6 fanatics, nets are even better in 8th ed, and Skarsnik would be the better boss choice.

Of course squig herds are fluffy and useful, and you should use at least one lvl 4 shaman with maybe 1 or 2 lvl 2 shamans as back-up. If you can get a couple of boxes of Night Gobbos, you will get some netter models in there. Also a sacrifical NG Big Boss on Giant Cave squig with brimstone bauble is nice if you are going NG pure (otherwise stick the bauble and possibly the one hit Wunda on a Gobbo on a wolf). You definitely should use your warmachine options (including chariots and Pump wagons to aid in any combats for a few extra kills.

Hope some of my ramblings are helpful!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts