Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice on the little gobos in black. I'm trying to build an army that'll be a lot of fun but at the same time possibly win some local tournies. Any advice would rock :good:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
well the obvious thing would be lots and lots and lots of units of 20+ nightgoblins. fanatics are a good tactical unit.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Spider riders are another very useful unit in the army for a forward distraction to help keep your gobos safe until they get close enough to unleash their fanatics.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
units that you intend to fight with need to be 30+, 20 strong units are just for protecting flanks. Fighting units should also be given netters, well worth it on expensive units.
Fast cav are kind essential to winning with an army like this due to charge re-directing and hitting flanks. Therefore i would suggest converted wolfriders into Nightgobbo's. 4 units of 5 should be about right. Also chariots are very handy to have too, stops fast units from running rings around you and will keep the enemy guessing with there charge ranges on there cav units. Bolt throwers are goo in numbers as therew really cheap and you get 2 for 1 special slot. i reckon 4 in 2000pts should be about right.
SKarsnik leading the army? he's prob the best goblin choice, or a lvl4 shamen and go all magic.
I'd consider putting in some orcs in the way of characters if your not too fussed about the pure nightgobbo theme. Have a black orc lead the army could really help.

Remember the main ways your going to win is static combat bonus, and using your hoard like nature to close with the enemy. you want your fanatics going off as close to the enemy line as possible, but if your units are big enough[30+] u wont have to worry too much about them hitting your own troops.

Try not to put units behind one another as annimosity will be a bitch if u do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts