Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I went out and bought two tri-fold poster boards so we had a large flat surface to play on the ground with, as neither of us have a large enough table for games with any points to them.
As a little celebration, we played a 1000 point game, my list follows;
Broodlord
w/Feeder Tendrils, +1 Sv, Flesh Hooks
5 Genestealers
Lictor
2x 3 Warriors
Scything Talons and Rending Claws, Leaping, +1 WS, +1 I, +1 Sv
8 Termagaunts w/ without number
8 Termagaunts w/ without number
8 Hormagaunts w/ Flesh Hooks, +1 WS
8 Hormagaunts w/ Flesh Hooks, +1 WS
8 Rippers
2 One man units of Raveners, Scything and Rending, Devourers.

My friend was fielding a Land Raider Crusader, two tac squads, two land speeders, and a commander. He was alone, not entirely sure what was all on him.
(Excuse my little knowledge on SM, not sure what's customizable where, so I'll just leave out the extra information on his army.)

I infiltrated my Broodlord and his retinue as close as I could to my friends first tac squad.
The game started with me going first, so I took to quickly getting my Hormagaunts around the sides, with my Rippers running down the middle to soak up tank fire. My Warrior broods followed behind my Gaunts which kept on the Rippers tails. My Raveners took to each side, hoping to flank the Crusader. I let them get too far ahead, and I would pay for it later, when my friends Crusader eats them both. At any rate, the first turn saw my Broodlord and retinue getting into combat with one of my friends tac squads.

After a few turns like this, my friend had tactfully moved his speeders around (They both lived to the 5th turn, where one was brought down from the back by my Broodlord.) and took out my Hormagaunts, while the Crusader was picking off my rippers and gaunts. Turn three saw the end of the Crusader, where my 6 Warriors lept their way to the tank, with the Lictor hitting the same turn. It was up to rending, which barely came through via one of my Warriors. I blew up the Crusader, putting two wounds on two of my warriors, taking me down a notch. My friend was smart in taking out the other Warriors, but I got left with one Warrior and my Broodlord, both who were evenly spaced out, spreading synapse nicely.
The Lictor bit the dust the turn after the Crusader went, as my friend's remaining tac squad was gunning down the biggest threats. The turn after saw my Broodlord and one remaining Genestealer making combat, and utterly raping this last squad.

In the end, my friends Commander (standing triumphantly on the downed Crusader) and his speeder were the only squads fully left, and with the commander having a few wounds, the speeder was his only squad with at least half strength. I had only a gaunt squad at more than half strength, but since I still had a warrior, 2 gaunts from another squad, and the Broodlord with his one genestealer, I denied enough victory points to win.
Me 603 - Chris 472 Victory Points

A win for the Nids is welcome, as I really needed a moral boost to keep playing. (I've been losing a lot lately. ;D)
Of course, there were lots of bad rolls on the Sm side, but it's all in the spirit of the game. Lady Luck is fickle as she is rewarding.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just dissapointed in the lack of Nid battles lately.
Sorry it was so scatterbrained, I hadn't been keeping track too well of the game, and I'm horribly ADD.
At any rate, I'm going to be doing lots of different Nid lists in battles soon, so Nids will dominate this part of the board!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts