Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I are just getting into 40k. I created this list and thought I would throw it out into the inter webs for thoughts, criticism, and advice. I know I am going against the norm for have Warriors as the foundation. If this list is a horrible idea, I'm ok with that. I need to learn. I just don't want to pull a list off the internet. Thank everyone!

Nids 1965 pts - Warrior Foundation
-No Force Org Slot-
Tyrannocyte (100pts); Venom Cannon
-HQ-
Tyranid Prime (145); Devour, Lashwhips and BSs
Tyranid Prime (145); Devour, Lashwhips and BSs
-Elites-
2 Venomthropes (90pts)
2 Venomthropes (90pts)
2 Venomthropes (90pts)
-Troops-
9 Warriors (280pts); Devours, Scything Talons, Stranglethorn Cannon
9 Warriors (280pts); Devours, Scything Talons, Stranglethorn Cannon
9 Warriors (280pts); Devours, Scything Talons, Venom Cannon
-Heavy-
Carnifex (185pts); Adrenal Glands, Bio-plasma, CC, TL-Devour
2 Carnifex (280pts); HVC, Scything Talons
Essentially the list would be played with 3 masses moving around the board. 2 would consist of a Prime, Venoms, and Strangle Warriors as the objective grabbers. The last group would be 2 Fex, Venoms and Venom Warriors to sit on the deployment side objective. There will be a DS Fex in the Tyrannocyte to be a possible tank buster.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
You will Struggle against light tanks if carnifexes are your only tank-killers.

I would personally remove one group of 2 venomthropes and replace them with zoanthropes or hive guard. You might be better off with hive guard since you dont need anymore synapse and zoans will make you pay for that synapse when you dont need it. Having high toughness hive guard to keep your guns blazing is also a good idea

Consider swapping the tyrannocyte Fex with a Trygon to save yourself some points. Maybe even you'd want to upgrade it to a prime so you can give him a Bio-Artefact; mawclaws of thyrax are pretty effective and worth it imo. You would have 45 points left over (increased to 80 since you have 1965 points but theres a 2000 point limit)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts