Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some test models, looked at hundreds of pics and still can't decide on a color scheme. I would like something that is quick and easy when doing 100s of gaunts but yet would pop on my MCs. I really like the brown scheme found in Warhammer Visions Issue 1 but the purplish upper arms are ofconcern for me. I also don't like any of the schemes that GW has, especially the white and purple. If anyone has some unique patterns of their own, I'd love to see them.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I don't have any nid pictures, but I may offer that you look at pictures of real insects, say this little guy.

For your guants you can just paint them blue, and for your bigger bugs you can go the extra mile and add the highlights and gloss to make the pop while also allowing them to be clearly part of the same force.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts

I took my inspiration from the green ants that live in the Australian tropics. The buggers are aggressive and pack a sting to their bite!

It's a super easy way of doing it, I base black, undercoat in dheneb stone, mix student gloss medium with an orange and daub that over them, then use two layers for the green. Takes about three quarters of an hour to do a box, though I'm yet to try any of the larger organisms.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I definitely like the brown cricket colour scheme. :D You could do some really funky schemes though, but I've having difficulty thinking of any which don't look tacky or aren't already done a lot.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I am thinking something simple and striking would be a balck and white scheme like the Gothic beetle. You can make the white pattern different for each squad and the pattern would be striking on the MC's you could also do the eyes in a color to add some pop to the army.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts