Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The joke that is our health system has done it again. This time some dumb bimbo has been given a £4800 boob job because she wasn't happy with her breasts and now wants to be famous and get rich 'like Katie Price'. Meanwhile a young girl has been denied cancer treatment because it is too expensive.

Absolute disgrace, makes me really hate this country sometimes, a complete joke. That bimbo should have to give all £4800 back or to the little girl over time. If the fucking NHS stopped funding boob jobs, liposuction or stomach tucks for people who have let themselves get too fat(yes I know some of them have genuine disorders, but most don't), then they would have enough money to give young girls like her, the treatment she needs and deserves.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Amen. That...

That is just wrong.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
That`s fucking retarded.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Oh wow.

So much for justice.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
As the only source I have seen is that photograph of the Sun, so I do not feel I have the full story.

If the surgery was given because she wanted to be a glamour model then it does seem inappropriate.

However, there are acceptable reasons to give someone cosmetic surgery that would not sell papers. For example, if she was given the surgery to deal with a serious and chronic body image problem then it might be cheaper than therapy.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
dont be sucked in by the tabloids, there is no integrity to how they report stories, the NHS is an amazing service and quite a few people are still here with me today thanks to the efforts of the NHS, routine and very basic cancer treatment is very expensive in the UK and it gets more expensive for more rarer cases in children, why do you think we see fund raisers to send little Tommy off to the US for treatment every now and again, Cancer budgets and plastic surgery budgets are not exchangeable at the drop of a hat, different areas of medicine get different amounts of cash allocated to them, even if these two people went to the same hospital it would be highly unlikely that funding for one would be passed to another department so its really a non story.

Sometimes (and its not nice to say it) its just too expensive to treat some people, look at it another way how many people would have to do without basic simple cheaper cancer treatment if the local authority spent all or a large proportion of its budget to treat one little girl? and without knowing the ins and outs of the treatment (cancer treatments dont work 100% of the time and even when they do it may only be buying time).

please note im not saying that the little girl shouldnt be a priority over the girl with a body image problem, i think both in an ideal world would get treated and in a less than ideal world the girl who got the implants would pay back the NHS with interest for the implants she got for free.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
The reason why she had a boob job is because she had very little breast tissue, and apparently because she had so little, she had to have 36 DDs just to give the appearence of having Cs

She worked in a call centre, but now has decided to work as a glamour model. She said she wasn't depressed over her previous appearance apparently, but there must of been something wrong if she brought it to her doctors attention.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Bureaucratic logic:

We like boobies.
We do not like cancer.
Therefore, we will subsidize boobies, and not cancer.
I would argue that both of those are valid premises and I personally agree fully with both concepts.
Sadly, however, the conclusion is heavily flawed.

I reckon there is a bit more depth to this story than is advertised. Still doesn't make the situation excusable, but I think that the story is a bit less shallow than advertised.

·
Registered
951 Posts
This disgusts me. Jeremy Hunt's probably claimed the cancer treatment's cost so many times fold unnecessarily in the last three years, and Osborne's kept us cutting. As much as this is either a disgusting lack of NHS judgement (likely the decision of a few individuals rather than many) or blown out of proportion, I feel obliged to say both could have happened if Osborne could be bothered to get the economy back on track, and thus stop the NHS budget cuts and fund both of these, as unnecessary as the boob job appears to be.

dont be sucked in by the tabloids, there is no integrity to how they report stories, the NHS is an amazing service and quite a few people are still here with me today thanks to the efforts of the NHS, routine and very basic cancer treatment is very expensive in the UK and it gets more expensive for more rarer cases in children, why do you think we see fund raisers to send little Tommy off to the US for treatment every now and again, Cancer budgets and plastic surgery budgets are not exchangeable at the drop of a hat, different areas of medicine get different amounts of cash allocated to them, even if these two people went to the same hospital it would be highly unlikely that funding for one would be passed to another department so its really a non story.
Amen to this. The NHS is a great thing, which is being wasted by a lack of government support, and the stupid decisions of some management staff.

The bottom line is, this is The Sun. It's not going to be fully accurate, and we're probably missing half the story.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Angel, you disappoint me. The Sun? Seriously?

Aside from that, from what I can see from the headlines, disgraceful. No defending that. But there quite possibly be a reason around that, and the NHS did a cracking job with myself and my family when I needed them. Mind you, by this stage, Selly Oak had been cleaned up thanks to the pressure.

But yeah, the Sun? Seriously?
Meh, I don't read the Sun, just saw the picture.

I don't particularly care whether her tits didn't look right to her, it wasn't a health issue, it was a cosmetic one. Cosmetic treatments should never trump cancer. Yes it is a sweeping generalisation to damn the entire NHS for this, it is for the most part pretty damn good. This is still a monumental error by them though imo. A tit job should only ever be funded by the NHS if it is actually causing health issues or severe mental issues. But even then, they should only ever make them look normal, not enlarge them or this bullshit.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
It's not that they didn't look right, she didn't have any.

Besides if she's in a different district to the cancer patient then it would be like states in american choosing and not choosing to do a certain thing. The NHS, while on the surface may seem a single entity, each district of the country is ran by a different foundation trusts, who individual decide what and what not they will fund.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
For our American friends who don't know... The Sun is own by Rupert Murdoc and is the newpaper equivalent of Fox News.... IE, a bunch of poorly researched made up bullshit for the chronically stupid.

A lot of this is down to individual NHS trusts though and the decision of the higher ups on how to spend the money.... That's the problem with the NHS, its administration. Its a great thing, a great organisation.. but the people at the top are incompitant quite frankly.... My sister is a Surgeon... the last hospital she worked at one of the consulatants was sexually harassing the nurses... The management didn't do anything as they were golfing buddies. The previous one... Her boss there literally only worked a 3 day week for an £80,000 wage.

The only reason the NHS is bad in places is because of quite frankly shit management.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I don't want to live on this planet anymore..... :suicide:

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Eh, this is the reason the Sun is not to be bought.

http://www.anfieldroad.com/dont-buy-the-sun/

Wankers.

This was the story we got to "apologise"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4535743/23-years-after-Hillsborough-the-real-truth.html

A looooonnngggg article, not saying "at the time we were a bunch of lying conniving cheating wankers who do everything in our power to drag the press, shit as it is already, through the mud, incapable of doing anything better", but then have the imposition to post 4 abnormally large photographs/videos that cover the entire article space just so we know who David Cameron is.

And then lets look at the links in the side of the articles.

Couple of moneygrabbing twats go to Glastonbury, not realising that their music is shit.
Blonde bimbo lost weight.
5 twats competition give away.
Kate Upton prefers baldies down below.
Chris Brown "had to say sorry after high fiving Rihanna's face"
Katie Price wears a warm jacket when its cold.
Jodie Marsh hosts a bullying chatroom, where she expresses sympathy and explains to people how hard it can be as a Straight A Cambridge potential candidate to be bullied, and then forced to become a Slag and be thick as pig shit.
Tamsin Outhwaite loses weight. AFTER DOING WEIGHTLOSSY THINGS.
Sparkly vampire twat and nonsmiley vampire twat are bumping uglies again and are planning a holiday.
Ugly bald twat dies her head stubble blonde.
Jade Jagger looks ugly.
Model changes hair colour to slightly lighter colour.
Huge Assman stars in his 325546534693534095 Wolverine Movie. Thought the fucker would've grown sense after being awesome in LesMis.
Huge Tit twat wears an odd outfit.
Fake TV show pretending to be real while fake pretenting to be real has a fake wedding pretending to be real but is still completely fake.
Gary "Give me a pork Pie" Barlow wants a Pork Pie/pay rise.
Hayden Panetierre gets absolutely destroyed by Klitschko spit roast and gets married to one of them. Which one? Don't do.
Olga Kuryalenko wears a DRESS.
Kim Kardashian has a fat ass.
Old bitch says she drinks too much
TV star regrets whacking her baps out on TV/Film for ~60million people to see.
Woman has boobs.
Woman wears sexy clothes.
Some Sarf Landan Wapper puts a ring on a spoilt fake woman who's only strength in life is to claim shes the daughter or son or some shite like that of guy who made Quality Street.
Fat cook wears a duck outfit.
gay man wants sex with another gay man.
new shit movie trailer
TV show Ive never heard of was a huge success and is having a second series because its so well known
ginger bint whaps her baps out
Justin Bieber's looking so skinny he might die.
girl with big tits wins girl with biggest tits award.
Boys brother has a wedding, so he goes to it.
Girl wears bikini while sunbathing on a beach.
Justin Bieber threatened to batter his neighbour after being too noisy. "She just would never stop with the Constant noise" he says. "I went to do something about it, and it turned ugly, only the threat of physical violence would allow me to get any peace and quiet. I sure showed her, though, she'll know to never fuck with the JtotheB now."
2 year old threatened to be beaten up by neighbour Justin Beiber for laughing too loud at Dora the Explorer.
Supermodel is pretty.

Gotta love the Sun.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 32 Posts