·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An industry insider with a sterling track record tells BoLS:
The next two Warhammer 40,000 codexes are:

• Codex Deathwatch
  • Codex Genestealer Cult
We’ve been hearing little tidbits about these for a bit, but this it yet another (quality) source chiming in, which is putting all the reliable rumormongers and insiders pointing in the same direction – which is what really matters in these types of rumor-mysteries.
Additionally he added some very interesting context:

• Both of these books are complete.
  • These books are both slated for later this year (2016)
  • These books were not originally part of the GW strategic plan but were pushed into production quickly both to capitalize on the success of Deathwatch Overkill… AND… to shore up finances in the face of a toughening fiscal environment for the company.
Now we knew Deathwatch was coming, but the Genestealer cult was a surprise. That said, it's a very welcome one as, if true, that'd mean being able to finally field our favorite xenos cult in more ways than the rules we currently have allow.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
So much want for a Genestealer Cult Codex. Even if it just has a cool detachment and the currently available stuff listed with full unit options I'd be happy. Boxed kits with said units in them too of course so I don't have to buy a copy of Overkill and be constantly reminded that an Imperial Fist was the first model to hold a frag cannon in their hands instead of solely Dreadnought mounted.

Apparently I'm not over that. Ahem.

Gimme full squads of Genestealers for GC Cult! :eek:k:

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
HA! No but that is so very ultra cool. Sadly I doubt we'll get official rules for a GC Limo ever again :laugh:
Yeah. With GW it's always up in the air when a 3rd party model exists.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts