Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Oh sh**! If only Tactical Marines could actually kill that many Boyz in cc... :(

+ Rep. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's pretty bad-ass. Thanks man!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Lol, THQ are really slow at sending out info... That trailer has been on youTube for days, but what ever... Thanks for posting anyway, so that people can find it...

·
Registered
142 Posts
wow that video was awesome! makes me want to go out and buy some more space marines haha

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I just hope this isn't how its going to look in the end, lots of things looked like they could use some polishing. Otherwise, whenever ultrasmurfs get shot to ribbons, my black heart swells with unholy joy. :)

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Otherwise, whenever ultrasmurfs get shot to ribbons, my black heart swells with unholy joy. :)
Same here, but the difference is that mine swells with holy joy!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
ill most certainly be getting this for both pc and xbox 360,
and it looks like there might be wargear of some sort, which im basing on the fact you have the main character with and without a helmet, at one point with a bolter/chainsword then an autocannon and then a heavy bolter.
hopefully there will be other types of weapons as well, like plasma pistols, power weapons and fists

·
Registered
361 Posts
I love how at the start of the trailer, the Marine's face is all clean and smooth on the zoom-in, then at the end, on the zoom-out, his face is scarred and weathered with a couple of honor studs.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sweet i like that takedown by the tactical marine with the chainsword pure epic its would be great if games didnt encumpass Ultrasmurfs every time why not someone like the Ranbow Warriors , Morticars someone else

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Sweet i like that takedown by the tactical marine with the chainsword pure epic its would be great if games didnt encumpass Ultrasmurfs every time why not someone like the Ranbow Warriors , Morticars someone else
Hahahahahaha...........
What other game has Ultramarines as the protagonists? I can only think of one: Chaos Gate- but that was released well over 12 years ago.

Surely your statement was supposed to say Blood Ravens rather than Ultramarines...but then it wouldn't make sense on this thread, oh I'm all confused.

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I hope theres actually some choice of chapter rather then it being the ultrasmurfs all the way.... or at least theres some option to download a reskinning pack soon after release.

Pretty sure it would be more popular with a 'neutral' marine chapter.. like the Blood Ravens.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I hope theres actually some choice of chapter rather then it being the ultrasmurfs all the way.... or at least theres some option to download a reskinning pack soon after release.

Pretty sure it would be more popular with a 'neutral' marine chapter.. like the Blood Ravens.
Yes a 'neutral' chapter like the Blood Ravens...who have been the protagonists for more games than any other Chapter, whereas this is the first game with ultramarines as the protagonists in over a decade.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I know your an ultramarines fan, but the point is, hardly anyone who likes space marines, likes the smurfs.

Blood Ravens were specifically created by Relic as a completely new chapter to avoid the polarising effect of having a specific chapter that people either loved or hated, and so to make the game appeal to the widest audience possible.

Making it the ultrasmurfs imediately turns off a huge portion of fans who think 'Ohh.. just another way to show off the poster boys who can't loose despite sucking.... yawn.'

Its exactly why the Ultra's haven't been at the head of a game for over a decade.. they didn't sell.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well, read in an an interview that valve maybe thinking of making movies, so why come on thq, branch out, you've made some kick arse cgi stuff so far, can't be worse then the codex attempt!

And all this hate for ultramarines, is it just because its trendy? or did Calgar tread on your cat and swear are your mum or something?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I know your an ultramarines fan, but the point is, hardly anyone who likes space marines, likes the smurfs.

Blood Ravens were specifically created by Relic as a completely new chapter to avoid the polarising effect of having a specific chapter that people either loved or hated, and so to make the game appeal to the widest audience possible.

Making it the ultrasmurfs imediately turns off a huge portion of fans who think 'Ohh.. just another way to show off the poster boys who can't loose despite sucking.... yawn.'

Its exactly why the Ultra's haven't been at the head of a game for over a decade.. they didn't sell.
Actually I'm not an Ultramarines fan, I have no interest in ever starting an army of them- I defend them because most people who hate them are basically ignorant regarding the boys in blue.
I'd actually say most people who like Space Marines like or have no opinion regarding the Ultramarines- people who play just to win don't particularly care about a colour scheme, people who are new to the hobby see them as a safe investment and those people who actually know much about 40k fluff admire the chapter (or at least have a valid reason why they don't) even if they don't want to collect them.

It's really only those people who fall outside of these spheres who put forth their own ignorant points of view- some still like the UM and some dislike them but I wouldn't say there was a majority of either view point with these these sort.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts