Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question really. In the next Horus Heresy book which chapter would you like to see?

Me - I want Night Lords, Salamanders or Raven Guard. Basically the legions which havn't been touched on yet and that don't have much of a background to them in the first place.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Assuming they already released legion - the next one i want would be about the world eaters. I've little time for the loyalists.

PS Jac, were you disappointed by descent? I enjoyed all the background, but was particularly disappointed in its lack of pace, and the fact that it went approximately nowhere in 400 pages.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Assuming they already released legion - the next one i want would be about the world eaters. I've little time for the loyalists.

PS Jac, were you disappointed by descent? I enjoyed all the background, but was particularly disappointed in its lack of pace, and the fact that it went approximately nowhere in 400 pages.
Pah we've already seen the nutcase. I want a new one :grin:

As for Descent Of Angels. As a book it was very readable and enjoyable, well written. But as for a book as part of the Heresy yea not that great. It created more questions than it solved.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Like Jac i'd like to see the Night Lords. However, i think a book about Lorgar and the Word Bearers would be really interesting.

Oh and the Thousand son's V's Wolf's in the fall of prospero!!!

MarzM

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Simple question really. In the next Horus Heresy book which chapter would you like to see?

Me - I want Night Lords, Salamanders or Raven Guard. Basically the legions which havn't been touched on yet and that don't have much of a background to them in the first place.
Two words. Alpha legion.
"What do we know about them, o godly emperor?"

"Uhm...eheh...well....on my battleboat..."

"We know the primarch is bald, and most likely dead, and he talked to horus...is that it?"

"Oh look at the time, matlock is on."

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Two words. Alpha legion
The next one: 'Legion' is about them, and as far as i can remember, penned by Abnet, so i wouldn't worry. AT ALL.

Here's the list of traitor legions i want books on, in order of how much i care: World eaters, 1k sons, night lords,

iron warriors

word bearers

Heres the list of loyal chapters i give a crap about:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The next one: 'Legion' is about them, and as far as i can remember, penned by Abnet, so i wouldn't worry. AT ALL.
Well I'm more excited than a bee on fire.

I think they proved scientifically that bees catch on fire, right?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm contented with the Legion coming out so really i couldnt care less what other books spawn as long as legion doesnt suck. I mean we've had the Imperial fists as well which is the only loyalist army i give a crap about.

To be frank I dont think there is much scope for the world eaters to be written. They descend on a world go bat shit insane and slice everyone up. Lather, rinse and repeat. The end. Not the greatest story ever told. Unless you happen to be a roaming Viking or Barbarian then all the stories you ever hear end pretty much the same way.

The thousand sons would be great, it'd be good to have more knowledge about them as i think sorcery is ace. Obviously a feeling not seconded by whomever wrote the chaos codex because sorcerers are now so not worth it.

Salamanders and Raven guard get their asses handed to them in stellar ways on Isstavan so in my opinion theres no point telling their story as we all know where its going. Not that we didnt know in the first place but a story is always spoilt by knowing the ending in graphic detail before hearing the beginning.

Anyone care about the White Scars? No? Good. Lets keep it that way. And lets keep the Ultramarines out of it for as long as possible too. I know they are on the other side of the galaxy but i refuse to beleive thats the last we've heard of them before this series is through

Knowing how the word bearers first encountered chaos and their first delivings into its worship would be ace. That i could get behind.

Iron warriors would be... well... ... rumour has it that Peturabo is paranoid. Like really really paranoid. There i said it. Whether chaos made him paranoid or not doesnt really matter. With all the grandure and awe and dark powers on display with the other primarchs the last thing the series needs is Peturabo freaking out and losing it. Especially if one of the lesser authors decides to tackle the subject. I wont mention names but we all know who the weak links in this author chain are. The iron warriors are cool. In my opinion they are really cool. Seeing their primarch do anything even slightly uncool would kill a little piece of me (seeing as they were my first army and all). If no one writes about it the subject can be mute. Perturabo rules, and only a slight sentence in the core rulebook can prove me otherwise.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If I remember correctly, and if the rumors are true, after Legion comes out, the next book is supposed to be Word Bearers vs Ultramarines, I forget the title.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
To be frank I dont think there is much scope for the world eaters to be written
There's always scope unless it's written by graham mcneil.

I actually would really like someone with a bit of subtlety to show khaarn having to restrain angron, angron's feelings of resentment towards the emperor, how the world eaters find it difficult to cooperate whit the other legions always looking down their noses at them. I think all this would make for a nice departure from all the other books, where the characters are initially likable. Wheras with the world eaters, you'd sympathise, but never like them.

To be fair, as soon as a book about the ultramarines comes out, theres instantly one with no likeable characters right there. 'I am an ultramarine, i must obey my boring as hell primarch, we use weight of numbers over tactical initiative........BRAAAAINS.....'

Man i hate ultramarines.
the next book is supposed to be Word Bearers vs Ultramarines
Not too interested in the word bearers either to be frank. If this is the case, i may actually skip this book. If it's written by graham mcneil its almost a certainty. If it doesnt progress the overal plot at all, a la fulgrim, descent of angels, there is a total certainty.

Especially if one of the lesser authors decides to tackle the subject. I wont mention names but we all know who the weak links in this author chain are
I however, have no problems mentioning names. The weak link is graham mcneil.

Hmm, what do i hate more, graham mcneil's writing, or the ultramarines... or graham mcneil writing the ultramarines....

·
Registered
954 Posts
But think Panda! On the bright side, Grahma McNeill is such a Ultramarine bufter, that he'll make the Word Bearers look even more dispicable!

The only bad side to the Word Bearers getting their own book is having to put up with Erebus again! (damn i hate that wee git)

MarzM

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
having to put up with Erebus again! (damn i hate that wee git)
Agreed, terrible characterisation.

Heard the filth vs word bearers is going to be by ben counter, i was pleasantly surprised by his previous effort in the series, and may end up reading this one after all

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I remember correctly, and if the rumors are true, after Legion comes out, the next book is supposed to be Word Bearers vs Ultramarines, I forget the title.
Nice thoughts guys. I'm just quickly checking in.

@ Arch - its called Battle for the Abyss. It comes after Legion. And after that is a book about the fall of Prospero i think. Not entirly sure as to the exact time when its being released but it is in the works. Its actually 2 books in one. One shows the 1k Sons side and the other shows the Space Wolves side. Depending on which way round you read them has an effect on the way you veiw the situation really.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Its actually 2 books in one. One shows the 1k Sons side and the other shows the Space Wolves side. Depending on which way round you read them has an effect on the way you veiw the situation really.
If this is true, then this is extremely interesting. Off the top of my head i can only think of 1 or 2 books written with the same story but opposing points of view, and none released at the same time/in the same overall novel. If anyone could confirm this with a link, i'll start to get extra excited.

Damn, we're getting ahead of ourselves though. Legion and battle for the abyss to be released and i'm slavering after the one after those!

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It was in a net interveiw with Graham McNeil I think. I'll have a quick look around for you. But yes it will be very interesting.

EDIT: Nope I'm unsure where it was. There was a transcript of it hanging around the internet at one point. Where it has gone though I don't know.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It was in a net interveiw with Graham McNeil I think
Not graham mcneil, oh god.

Why couldnt they give him the smurf book?

Give this great idea to someone who can actually write it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
1 - 20 of 96 Posts