Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen some rumors flying around in a few groups especially Raven Guard themed on Facebook that a campaign boxset was going to be released in the not so distant future featuring Tau & RG as the 2 forces. Have any of our sources heard anything about this?

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
I have seen some rumors flying around in a few groups especially Raven Guard themed on Facebook that a campaign boxset was going to be released in the not so distant future featuring Tau & RG as the 2 forces. Have any of our sources heard anything about this?
highly unlikely as the ravenguard have zero chapter specific kits currently and are a codex chapter, most likely wish listing on some peoples part, problem with this type of rumour is that its made viable by the fact GW produced stormclaw and sanctus reach, but essentially you could pretty much choose any two opposing forces and start a rumour about a campaign set and it automatically gains traction because GW has done it before, its a bit like when people claim something will get squatted, because it happened before people will always fear the worst.

but im often wrong

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
782 Posts
While I'm not thinking it's definite, there are a couple of things I think lean towards it being possible.

Firstly, there's plenty of background on the Damocles Gulf which involves the Raven Guard fighting the Tau. I would therefore expect the campaign to be White Scars and Raven Guard both fighting Tau.

The other thing is the two types of Strike Force mentioned in WD aside from the Gladius. They were the Javelin and another, the name I've forgotten. One was based around bikes, the other around Storm Ravens and Assault Marines. It was strange these weren't in the codex, but would fit with these two chapters. A campaign box may be the place to introduce them.

Finally there were rumours of a RG specific Assault Squad and a WS specific Bike Squad. These were most likely rubbish but it's plausible that they were campaign box models.

So, I hope it's true, but not holding my breath.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Not happening. Not even being discussed. There's not enough demand for Raven Guard-specific anything to justify it, and the same is surprisingly true with White Scars despite them being the "power build" out of the Codex. The most competitive players who are running that stuff don't care much about the hobby and aren't going to spend more on White Scars bikers when the current kit exists and half of their army comes out of Dark Vengeance anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts