Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm an ood noob. I bought my first box set in '01 and have been building a space marine army off and on since then. I probably have a 3500pt SP army and a `1500pt CSP army, but I've never ever played an actual game...

I don't own dice, templates and haven't even bought the "new" rule book yet.

I'm looking to stop by a local hobby store this week with a squad or two and see if anyone wants to take pitty on me and teach me the basics. If I don't like playing I'm sure I'll still build and paint armys, play the video games and read every black library book that comes out.

But if anyone is in the Norfolk VA area and wants to take me under a wing just message me... Think I'm finally ready to play.

Nice to meet everyone,
- HAVOC :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marieta huh, I recently moved from Savannah, and my wife is currently living in Atlanta (for work).

Irony is the humor of time

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome, you newb!

I'm just kidding, I only have about 15 space marines right now, and only two are finished. I'm more of a newb than you! Regardless, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome dude! You're not really any more n00bish than me, I guess. I mean, you have a force that large, and that totally surpasses the noob definition.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I agree you aren't a usual noob. I would like to play, but I am on the other side of North Carolina. And Wednsday I go back to school in new york :ireful2:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just make sure you bring a few squads of marines AND an HQ choice. (Like a libarian or a master) At GW, there will definatley be someone willing to show you the ropes. If not a player, than a person who works at the actual shop. They are there to show you, it's kind of their job. :eek:k:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
uh, well, that's quite a lot of modeling having not played a single game, but welcome to heresy regardless!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'll have a few practise games with ya!

Since your just grabbing the 4th Ed rulebook...know that 5th Ed is probably coming out in late summer! Don't say we didn't warn you...

I've been in the same boat, about 3000 points of ongoing project log Imperial Fists, 3000 pts of Space Wolves, and not one single table top game in 2-3 years!

But you should check out the Vassal 40 section of the forum. Basically an online Java based replication of the table top experience!

It'll only take you about an hour to fumble around with it till it makes sense. If you've played 40k, it won't take long!!!

A great tool for those of us too busy to find games in our local areas...:grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts