Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have become very interested in getting into Star Wars miniatures. I have been mainly looking at armada and legion. Both seem like great games and could see playing both. Armada seems to be a little more playable out of the box which I like (I am in med school to I don't have a ton of time to devote necessarily to painting etc..) Legion however, seems like it has a little bit more wind in its sails being newer. It seems like the company manufacturing it is putting more time into legion. Which one has the longest play ability, easiest learning curve, and any other factors maybe to add that you see fit? Thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Haven't played legion, so anything I say about is just an observation. As to your comment that it has more "wind", that is true. Its much newer and needed lots of releases to really make it an interesting game.

Armada, having been around a bit is more mature and has enough ships to keep a newbie busy collecting and playing. Recently FFG did announce that Armada is not dead, and there will be more to come. So, hold on, that ride isn't over.

If time is of an essence, Armada wins hands down. Painted models. Legion isn't even close.

Armada seems a bit complex for at read. Once you start playing it just flows and you will get in a groove of play. I like the strategic thinking and planning you need. You have to see where your ships will be NEXT turn or the turn after and make you command plans accordingly. Legion is much more a typical game. Move, shoot, assault, repeat.

So it will be up to you. Buy models and play? Buy. Build. Paint. Play? Its Star Wars so you wont regret either one!

Welcome and have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts