Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Herro, so im a Tau player and as much as I love them (oh Railguns, what would I do without you?) I think its time I tried something else from shooty shooty! Scratched up this Chaos list with only a wee bit of research so I imagine there's alot people will disagree with, but feel free to point it out, also may get some stuff wrong rules wise so any pointers for that welcome too!

HQ

DP - 175
- Wings
- MoT
- Bolt of Change

Elite

Termies - 205
-Chainfist
-Powerfist
-3x Lighting Claws
(Close combat minded, although a little too much?)

Troops -

10 CSM - 170
-Meltagun x2
-Rhino (Not sure what to stick on this one)

8 Zerkers - 193
-Skull Champion
-Personal Icon
-Meltabombs

Heavy Support - 220

Landraider - 220

Leaves me with 37 points to play with. I will be playing Guard 80% of the time so it would be focused on them I guess, other possible opposition would be Orks or Eldar.

Any help and criticism for a Chaos trainee would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nurgle's rot might be effective against your enemies although bolt of change is nice for tanks. The landraider might be too much of an investment at this points level, where you could have 3 individual oblits popping in at an icon.

If you play friendly matches and just want a change from tau, you could try a small Khorne MC army with 8 Berzerkers w/ PF,Rhino, (2) CSMX7 w/melta and rhino, 2 winged Khorne princes, and a GD.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
At 1000pts, Terminators are not a good idea. They take up too many points, and it stops you from using those points for other things.

The DP is fine, but I would consider using Warptime and Wind of Chaos instead. Think of the carnage that would cause...

The CSM squad is perfect. Just add the Icon of Chaos Glory and your sweet. That mark is best, because for the points you would pay for the other marks, the cult troops do the job better.

Give the Berzerker Champ a Power Fist and a rhino for the squad and your sweet.

Now, I would use the points left over to add some heavy support in, other than the land raider. Oblits, Havocs, Defilers, Predators or Vindicators are best for heavy support. Use whatever models you have available to you. If there is enough points left, I'd add a 2nd squad of CSM's that are exactly the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okey dokey, so termies out and more heavy support, I was thinking Obliterators as ive heard they're pretty damn good, shall look into it.

Thanks for the tips, appreciated!

·
Registered
199 Posts
i agree with dawnstar in that termis are too many points and a land raider isnt effective at this points range. so with 462 points to spend, an extra rhino for the zerkers, a vindi, maybe a 9 man nurgle squad with 2 meltas and a pf and a rhino, thats 462 on the dot, add this to everything else and you have a good list.:biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts