Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been reading up on CSM and a certain fellow caught my eye, Fabius Bile. I've built this rather fluffy list around him, and would appreciate your thoughts.

Fabius Bile
10x CSM, all enhanced and IoS: 200
Sorcerer, Terminator, MoS, Familiar, LoS, GoC: 175
3x Obliterators
Chaos Spawn

The CSM and Fabius would foot slog in, giving the Obs and Sorcerer time to DS in. The Sorcerer would separate and lash targets for Obs, assault for safety and making more Spawn with GoC.

Alot of CSM lists seem to Rhino it up, but I couldn't seem to make them fit, thoughts/comments?

Cheers :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
"Alot of CSM lists seem to Rhino it up, but I couldn't seem to make them fit, thoughts/comments?"

two ways 1 look at the box & go piece by piece & copy the box (which is what i did)

2 buy any other tank other than a rhino - even though it SHOULD come w/ instructions, i find that a lie - itll have instructions on how to build it

on your actual list i dont think its gonna work id suggest dropping the sorcerer & use those points for rhinos, champions, wargear...do note that you cannot put bile + 1 10man squad in a rhino

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Lolll, He means he couldn't work them into a list.

Rhino's are there to take you places a lot faster, foot slogging is bad for Chaos, Because your opponent will just pick you off.

Never used bile, so i don't really know how to help! Sorry mate.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey all, I've been reading up on CSM and a certain fellow caught my eye, Fabius Bile. I've built this rather fluffy list around him, and would appreciate your thoughts.

Fabius Bile
Sorcerer, Terminator, MoS, Familiar, LoS, GoC: 175
3x Obliterators
Chaos Spawn

The CSM and Fabius would foot slog in, giving the Obs and Sorcerer time to DS in. The Sorcerer would separate and lash targets for Obs, assault for safety and making more Spawn with GoC.

Alot of CSM lists seem to Rhino it up, but I couldn't seem to make them fit, thoughts/comments?

Cheers :biggrin:
Hail,

Enhanced marines are cool, and will carve up enemy forces in close quarters. Problem: Rhinos are needed to make sure you can close the gap, especially versus shooty armies. Also enhanced CSMs can roll a 6 and then every round you lose another marine, all the more important to get stuck in.
The Chaos spawn could be traded in for 1 rhino. Drop the terminator armour on the sorceror and you get the next rhino. Now both squads are mounted. The next point is to give those enhanced marines a melta gun in each squad to give some anti tank. You'll need to drop a CSM in each squad, but it makes room for the sorceror and Fabius to bolster up each squad.

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The more I read, the more rhinos seem important, so I'm considering the following mods. Drop 1 Obliterator, GoC and the Familiar, add 2 Rhinos and a 2nd Spawn. Attach Fabius to the Spawn, put CSM in Rhinos and use the Sorcerer to discourage charging the Obs or improve target placement. I could also drop the Sorcerer altogether, and get a third Spawn and PF Champions and a Melta for each squad.

Thoughts, as always, are appreciated:biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts