Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, new player (semi-old wargamer) checking in. I've been miniatures gaming for a few decades but am just now taking the 40k plunge. I'm pretty tired of the "game of the week" syndrome at the game stores where I live (cool game comes along, everyone loves it, nobody's playing 6 months later) and I know for a fact people will be playing 40k at every LGS year from now. Gotta say that I've always liked the look and general theme of 40k and it's universe. Going with Necrons, those minis look positively badass and I think I'll like the playstyle from what little I know about them. Should be some fun painting too, all metallic is a color scheme that doesn't take a whole lot of work to look good.

I'll keep the dumb questions about my army and the game in general to some threads over the next few days. The tactica articles on these forums look like they're worth reading.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
well from a old wargamer welcome to the forums. I think you find lots of people here to help you with your army and all aspects of your army so don't be afraid to ask questions. 40K will be around for a long time I have been playing it for 20+ years so it is not going anywhere soon. I hope you have fun building your army.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

morfangdakka I will definitely have fun making my list. One of the great things about miniatures wargaming is making army lists IMO. It's like a mental game that's played solitaire. I love it.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome aboard! :drinks:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts