Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi thi is a new plog for the progress of my new wood elves. sorry in advance that this thread will be updated very slowly as i am still concentrating most of my energies into my space wolves army.

i've been wanting to start a wood elf army since i was about 12 but never got round to it, but i took the first steps today at the tender age of 23 only 11 years later lol. well i've made my hero of hq sorry never actually played fantasy a problem i plan on changing soon. well anyway here she is, the base for the model is lelith hersprax a model i just had to have. let me know what you think.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty good usage of the model, but I'm unsure how well it would fit with the rest of a Wood Elf army once you paint it. All of that's up in the air though.
I think I'll wait untill i've painted up a unit and then paint her in similar colours, i just wanted to use her in an army but don't want to start dark eldar and thought she'd fit in nicely in the wood elves with the spikes removed. we'll see though once its done i guess

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
I was going to say the same thing about the model. Cool idea, questionable outcome. Looking forward to see more.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
but, DE are so cool! how can you NOT play with us? :( lmao

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
Of course, they've poked me many a time...actually mainly Drannith. He's my desprue and assembly monkey.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice start, the pose is very dynamic! I think this fit in very well with the Asrai.. especially their more "vengeful" aspect! Looking forward to seeing this painted!
Cheers mate. I can't really take any credit for the dynamic pose as that is all down to the model i just tried to let my converted parts flow with the model. i thought the 'vengefull' pose fitted well too hope i can do it justice when it comes to painting time though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She's starting to look more Wood Elf-y with some green-stuff. Nice work!
cheers, its all going to be down to the paint job now though since i don't want to detract away from the model any more than i have done already

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
I'm glad you know when to stop and know what moderation is. :) Looking forward to the paint job itself. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i know this update should be of my painted lellith but i haven't had the courage to put a brush to her yet. but i've got a week off work so i'm working on a forest dragon, heres what i have so far let me know what you think

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
You can do it!~ Paint the wood elf Lelith!!!~ :)
Can't wait to see it and that dragon's awesome looking.
Stop making me want to get more models!!!!~ :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts