Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
They must be desperate for money or something! No way would I pay that much for those tiles. If the tiles were beautifully painted already then maybe, just maybe I would buy it but not at that price.

·
Closet Dictator
3,429 Posts
No... you're wrong there... it's £200 (€260 or US$330) for the basic board set!

Fucking £200 sterling! And unpainted! I'll tell you what games workshop, instead I'll buy £200 worth of whatever shit you are smoking because it must be the best gear ever! Is there not someone on the forum selling excellent gaming mats on the forum, buy those instead and throw an Aquila on it, I love my plastic crack but not that much

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
260 €... for that amount i can have a pro modeler make a hand made board for me...from scrap for shure, but even better than that gw board

·
Registered
773 Posts
I saw this long long long ago... oh wait... that was their £200 Castle that almost no one bought and they had to starting giving them away with 2year subs of White Dwarf back in the 90s :p
I remember talking to one of the better managers of our local store who told me they had made something like 250,000 castle boxes or something in their first run expecting them to be sold in a few months with the new WFB Siege expansion being released. Each of the stores got 2 to play with to promote the game and stuff and a few others were elsewhere or went to people who work for the company who got them for a couple of £s. But after 1 year they had only sold something like 15% of the remaining stock. Even after that and they started giving them away with 2year subs to WD they still didn't clear 40% of stock a year later.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Anyone that purchases those things has rocks for brains.

£200. Crikey feck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i think its kind of kewl, but then again i think stuff like that is neat, i would buy it if i could afford it just because im lazy and dont want to take too much time looking for an alternative i like, but im also too lazy to paint it as well. the set with like ten terrain things is nice however if i had the cash i would buy it just to get all that stuff and have a game board for my gaming group to use....plus i could get them to chip in and cover part of the cost

1 - 18 of 18 Posts