Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Might have to pick one up next month, I've bookmarked this thread for that reason! I'm in serious need of storage so these would be ideal (and transporting for me).

I'd be interested in cavalry trays too in the future. There's rumblings that I may be delving more into fantasy.

Bravo!
Thank you very much, how many cavalry trays would you be interested in?

Around 40 cavalry slots? I have also ear marked one for the near future as will be in need of storage!
Heh I am not sure how many I could fit in a tray but I will look into it. I also meant how many trays would you be interested in? ;)

Case looks good, not innovative just much better thought out than most others. A small point to people who gripe about rain, I PVA'd my KR case just to 'seal' it, had it a couple of years and its still going strong, same would probably apply to these ones. Good product!

Thank you, hopefully you will be able to see one first hand ;)

______

As a side note for those wanting cavalry trays would you prefer them laying down sideways or standing up?

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Sethis did a great review of the product, and I'm glad to see there's cost effective options out there for people....but....the idea of paying $70+ for a cardboard box is ridiculous to me. I'd rather shell out the coin for something that doesn't look like I could make it for less.

·
Registered
268 Posts
What about covering it yourself with pva and paper of some sort? This could make it more waterproof (at least less likely to get completely ruined in the rain) you'd then have a nice personalised case :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Heh I am not sure how many I could fit in a tray but I will look into it. I also meant how many trays would you be interested in? ;)
Ha I would look to have the larger ones (6 x 36 slots is it?) and maybe some cav ones if you decide to make them?:wink:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
What about covering it yourself with pva and paper of some sort? This could make it more waterproof (at least less likely to get completely ruined in the rain) you'd then have a nice personalised case :)
I am looking into it. The boxes will be branded at a later date also.

Ha I would look to have the larger ones (6 x 36 slots is it?) and maybe some cav ones if you decide to make them?:wink:
Ah ok, wouldn't pick and pluck be better that way you can shape it to how you want and comes in handy if you have them magnetised on a movement tray?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Well it must be a good idea as it works for KR.
Never heard of them. I assume they are another purveyor of cardboard boxes, which is probably why.

Millions of people eat at McDonalds but it doesn't mean they make good food.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Never heard of them. I assume they are another purveyor of cardboard boxes, which is probably why.

I dunno, cardboard can be pretty tough. My battlestar galactica box has survived several hundred games and is still going strong, and I'm not exactly careful with it.

If you're worried about water, you could always get that contact stuff you stick over books.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)

I am confused. How you can compare my product, which provides utility and a cheaper alternative than similar products (if you had bothered to look before chiming in), and an actual use, compared to a fast good chain which provides little to no nutritional value and causes more problems than it solves.

*epic facepalm*

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I checked into your product, and the first thing I said was that I was glad there is a less expensive alternative and that Sethis' review was a good one. What I said afterward is that it ain't for me.

You said it must be a good idea because another company is doing well with the cardboard approach. You can count any number of companies that have tried copying the McDonalds approach to fast food, and they all pretty much suck just as hard because they are copying a bad idea. People think it's a good idea, maybe because McD's is making so much money, but in fact it's just crap (a shortened version of your description of their product) that people are buying based on price and availability. Likewise, I think you have started this product based on an idea that is...shall we say less than optimal, since I don't think it's total crap. To me, it doesn't matter how much less your product costs: it's still a cardboard box.

Doesn't mean other people can't enjoy it, just means it's the internet and not everyone is going to love what you got going on.

I dunno, cardboard can be pretty tough.
I get that, I worked in international shipping for 4 years in my early 20's. Also means I've seen a ton of the bad things that can go wrong with cardboard though, which is where my dislike of the product comes from. Cardboard works for some, not for me.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I get that, I worked in international shipping for 4 years in my early 20's. Also means I've seen a ton of the bad things that can go wrong with cardboard though, which is where my dislike of the product comes from. Cardboard works for some, not for me.
Which is why I mentioned in the review that I think the best part of the product is the foam. If you can find 450 slot foam for £35 that is actually stiff enough not to bend under the weight of metal models and is glued together well, then it's news to me.

You can take or leave the cardboard, but I think this works excellently for those who just want more trays to fit in their current cases - making it easier to swap armies in and out, store them at home, etc.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Yikes, this thread went poorly.
Well the OP forgot the first rule of selling, it is impossible to please everyone all of the time, one mans ideal product is a piece of shit to the next man in the line, a cardboard box is a cardboard box at the end of the day, for some people that is adequate to use as a container to carry around there precious collection, to other people its not adequate because of *insert reason*, that said the OP must realize the limitations of cardboard as a medium, i use boxes to send through the mail, i expect the box to stand up to normal handling in the postal process, and in that process it will take a beating,while at the same time protecting the contents, but im under no illusion that once the package has arrived that the customer will most likely bin the box as it will be beaten up and maybe rained/snowed on, the reason we use cardboard for packing is its a cheap and robust in the short term.

At the bits and kits office we use very sturdy ABS plastic tool boxes(the segmented ones you put screws in) for all our bits, they have strong locking lids, i know that if i drop on of those boxes from 7ft it will bounce, never smash and also never unlock or mix up the bits because of the fall, i chose these boxes because i know at some point someone will drop a box and that i need to minimize the fall out if they do, same principles apply with a mini carry case, if i drop a plastic carry case on the floor out side, it might get a few scratches but its gonna be fine, if i drop a plastic case in puddle it will dry off no problem, if someone gets too close on the bus the plastic case wont crush, if a family member with poor eyesight doesnt see my plastic mini case on the chair and sits on it for a second it isnt gonna collapse(unless its aunt Margret shes a huge lady) and in my house atleast a plastic mini case isnt gonna get chucked in the recycle bin by my wife because she thought it was "another bloody amazon box".
But that aside, to the right person, this carry case is ideal, it will have a market.

Yes its cheap, but cheap also means it has limitations and short comings, dont deny them or get defensive about them, they are legit reasons for a non sale, accept the reasons or look to improve the product or expand the range, dont take internet criticism personally, people in forums will tell you the truth,or lie,or blow sunshine up your arse or spit on you, they will tell you your stuff is amazing and promise to buy shed loads and you will never see a dime from them, they will slag you off and yet never actually use your products and services,some folks you will never hear a peep from, and they will be your best customers,some will rush to your defense,big you up to others, and happily promote you to anyone that will listen,others will forget to mention you even exist despite happily buying from you for years, others will simply throw fuel on the fire and happily see you burn, just do your thing, promote your stuff, answer questions and dont get drawn into arguments online as it makes you look bad.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm glad shops aren't like forums. Every time you went to pick something up there'd be a queue of folk waiting to tell you why you shouldn't pick something!

Re: cavalry trays, I'm not entirely sure how much cavalry I have, but probably only the one tray. I was looking at your ebay shop yesterday, seems good stuff! :eek:k:

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Well the OP forgot the first rule of selling, it is impossible to please everyone all of the time, one mans ideal product is a piece of shit to the next man in the line, a cardboard box is a cardboard box at the end of the day, for some people that is adequate to use as a container to carry around there precious collection, to other people its not adequate because of *insert reason*, that said the OP must realize the limitations of cardboard as a medium, i use boxes to send through the mail, i expect the box to stand up to normal handling in the postal process, and in that process it will take a beating,while at the same time protecting the contents, but im under no illusion that once the package has arrived that the customer will most likely bin the box as it will be beaten up and maybe rained/snowed on, the reason we use cardboard for packing is its a cheap and robust in the short term.
Don't be so hard on your boxes. They fair OK, I use them to store paints in.

A cardboard case seems like the kind of thing you'd just keep at home to store your extra stuff in. Have a single aluminium/plastic/wood case for going places.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
A lot of people seem to keep missing the point of this product.

For £35 you get a cardboard box that can take a beating, 6/8 trays capable of storing 216-448 models that will last a long time so long as you don't run it over, beat it up 24/7 or just purposefully try to destroy it.

Now lets look at the alternatives.

You would need 2 KR cardboard cases for £50 that will hold 216-400 ro pay £150+ from BF.

Like Sethis understands, for £35 you get to store a lot of models which is cheaper than other companies are providing and this is what peopel are missing and just seeing a cardboard box.

And I have mentioned that I will be expanding to luggage cases and bags at a later date as I am trying to do this without the use of crowd funding.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Curious; Do you also manufacture travelbags to store them in?

I find cardboxes perfectly fine for transporting and protecting your models. People have a tendency to underestimate the durability they provide, so I will gladly agree that they are completely fine for the purpose. The price you ask for is quite cheap as well :good:

What most people do though, unless they just put them in the back of their car, is put them in a bag when transporting them. For example, I bike everywhere - So it's a fair bet that I would want the extra protection and easy of transport that a travelbag provides.

With a bag and those cardboxes combined, they miniatures will be completely fine unless you throw them under a damn car - In which case, nothing will help them anyway.

Keep at it mate - It looks like quality to me!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Curious; Do you also manufacture travelbags to store them in?

The price you ask for is quite cheap as well :good:
I am in the process of getting prototypes made coming in between 2-3 different bags available and one luggage type case.

And thanks!

What most people do though, unless they just put them in the back of their car, is put them in a bag when transporting them. For example, I bike everywhere - So it's a fair bet that I would want the extra protection and easy of transport that a travelbag provides.

With a bag and those cardboxes combined, they miniatures will be completely fine unless you throw them under a damn car - In which case, nothing will help them anyway.

Keep at it mate - It looks like quality to me!
Exactly people are getting a barging for how many models they can store at these prices!

And thanks for the support! :gimmefive:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hi all,

I'd just like to thank those of you who bought my cause and many of you have bought single cases.

To celebrate changing couriers I will now be selling 2 cases for £60 in the UK giving you a further saving of £10.

So for a little over 2 KR cases (£50 216-400 models) you're getting 2 of my cases (4 KR's worth) storing 432-896 models for £60! And that price INCLUDES delivery!

Also you can buy each tray for £4 which includes delivery!

These offers runs out at the end of May and if you do the calculations are the cheapest miniature storage options around

Any questions feel free to post here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Never heard of them.
KR are a pretty successful business (in UK at least), selling (surprise surprise!) cardboard cases like these.

Millions of people eat at McDonalds, the food may not be healthy (understatement of the year), but they are massively successful and a certain number people like it enough for it to be successful.

Sethis your review was great, thanks for that. I think this will be my go-to purchase next time, the amount it can carry and foam quality trumps it over KR for me.
As for rain - i'll just repeat what I said earlier: There is this wonderful invention called a plastic bag, which is often free at most shops, and I use this to cover the box if it is raining. Problem solved. lol

41 - 60 of 73 Posts