Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

A while back I made a thread about developing trays and a case for miniatures and now they're finally made.

This will be a test launch to see if to if this will be a popular product therefore I have only made a small batch and will be selling them at promotional prices until they run out. If this is successful I will expand on this tray system to compete with others.

£35 - one case
£60 - two cases

Shipping prices are as follows;

One case

UK - £free
EU - €26
USA - $56
AUS - $56

Two cases

UK - £free
EU - €43
USA - $71
AUS - $71

Payment will only be paypal or you can pay on collection if you're in Bucks.

For those of you who have never traded with me in the past or don't know who I am and are a little sceptical this is my ebay account http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=artie40k&ftab=AllFeedback - I have a 331 feedback score at 100% satisfaction.

Tray Dimensions (all measurements in millimetres)
Case - 360x560x140
56 slot - 360x280x23
36 slot - 360x280x
50mm pick and pluck - 360x280x50 or 360x560x50
65mm pick and pluck - 360x280x65 or 360x560x65
100mm pick and pluck - 360x280x100 or 360x560x100
120mm pick and pluck - 360x280x120 or 360x560x120
Plucks are 20x20mm
All trays are on a 5mm base, 120mm is on a 10mm base.

Please PM me to place your order and please tell which trays you want. You can have the following configurations -

5 x 56 slot trays + 4 x 36 slot trays
10 x 56 slot trays
8 x 36 slot trays
Pick and pluck + 56/36 total cannot exceed 140mm depth

I would just like to say thanks for reading and hopefully you like what you see. I am more than happy to answer and questions you have.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. How does this differ from KR cases? Or is it the same design?
With this case it differs from KR because you would be spending £50 for two cases, which you'd have to carry in each hand compared to my one case, which makes it more convenient for transporting and storing or £92.99 for two cases and a bag to store them while you pay a lot less with mine, £35 if you're in the UK.

Also the 56 slot trays allow you to store 6 terminators/odd shaped models compared to their 50 slot tray.

My foam is a lot stronger and wont bend as much when fully loaded compared to their trays.

And finally my products will always be cheaper.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
With this case it differs from KR because you would be spending £50 for two cases, which you'd have to carry in each hand compared to my one case, which makes it more convenient for transporting and storing or £92.99 for two cases and a bag to store them while you pay a lot less with mine, £35 if you're in the UK.

Also the 56 slot trays allow you to store 6 terminators/odd shaped models compared to their 50 slot tray.

My foam is a lot stronger and wont bend as much when fully loaded compared to their trays.

And finally my products will always be cheaper.

Hope that helps.
Excellent!! I will be watching this closely, might make an order on ebay when I have the spare cash.
I do find KR a little expensive for what you get, so this is much more reasonably priced.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent!! I will be watching this closely, might make an order on ebay when I have the spare cash.
I do find KR a little expensive for what you get, so this is much more reasonably priced.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

HO seems the hardest for people to take interest in this product it seems, I don't know why.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate it.

HO seems the hardest for people to take interest in this product it seems, I don't know why.
Probably because a lot of your pictures look to be lifted from/or personal pictures of KR Multicase, Battlefoam, and GW cases and it didn't have a disclaimer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably because a lot of your pictures look to be lifted from/or personal pictures of KR Multicase, Battlefoam, and GW cases and it didn't have a disclaimer.
None of them use a brown background and bad lighting, and if people checked my ebay account I use the same for the foam trays I sell there (304 feedback).

I could take a picture of all the trays I glued for the case if it helps.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate it.

HO has alot of veterans who are not easily impressed, your product isnt new or innovative its just a bit cheaper than the market leader, also personally i would never store my minis in a cardboard case, plastic or aluminium case if im gonna travel with them, card is great for some things but its easily crushed and really doesnt offer enough protection for models in my opinion.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I've recently been looking for a similar product, but in corrugated plastic.

We use these boxes at work all the time for hard drive transport, but for the life of me i can't seem to find where to order such a thing. In plastic i would be interested, but card just doesn't seem like a suitable material on it's own for transport.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HO has alot of veterans who are not easily impressed,
People on Warseer, Dakkadakka, Warhammer.org seem to show interest.

also personally i would never store my minis in a cardboard case, plastic or aluminium case if im gonna travel with them, card is great for some things but its easily crushed and really doesnt offer enough protection for models in my opinion.
The cardboard case is similar to those used to transport computer monitors so this box is very suitable. And you're talking with the perspective of someone who uses public transportation. The case will do more than fine in a car or any other form of personal transport. If you're travelling via public transport than that's another issue but the models won't get damaged.

Also cardboard keeps the the product cheaper for gamers who can also use it at home to store models, why would they need a plastic/aluminium cause for home purposes? It just bumps the price up for little gain.

your product isnt new or innovative its just a bit cheaper than the market leader,
I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here. There's only so many ways you can store models in foam and it's all been done.

So let's get real here, it would cost you £50 minimum to store similar amount of models, then you'd need the bag so you can carry it with one hand (£90 for the set) or mine which is £35 which includes postage holds more models if you go for the 8 x 56 tray and better foam. I think this is the best deal gamers have seen compared to the others and that's what I'm going for.

Most online stores (and this is for wargaming related) offer pretty much the same products or very similar for the same price and do not differ from one another, such as your Bits And Kits vs Bitzbox.

I don't see anyone else offering gamers a good product for a very low price (without the use of sales).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've recently been looking for a similar product, but in corrugated plastic.

We use these boxes at work all the time for hard drive transport, but for the life of me i can't seem to find where to order such a thing. In plastic i would be interested, but card just doesn't seem like a suitable material on it's own for transport.
But if you're using your own transport it would be more than enough or even home storage. Why do you need a stronger case unless you're really heavy handed with them.

Again I can understand people who use public transport but when you have your own transport and weigh up the prices and what I offer for £35 (includes the postage) that's a bargin.

Lastly if cardboard cases were that bad KR would be out of business.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Definately interested in something like this! Especially as a lot of my models are dynamically posed and struggle to fit in GW cases. I do however have a number of thunder wolf cavalry and dreads, they wouldn't fit in your trays would they?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I wouldn't take it personally: Traffic is especially low on heresy at the moment and even when it's high it isn't anywhere near as frequented as the forums you mention.

As for it not being a suitable material. I have been using KR cases for large armies and have overpacked them frequently and they have never been damaged or dented (and most the time I walk to games or take in the back of a car). It's not as good as plastic but it's quite suitable as a cheaper alternative in my experience. Just my view.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
But if you're using your own transport it would be more than enough or even home storage. Why do you need a stronger case unless you're really heavy handed with them.

Again I can understand people who use public transport but when you have your own transport and weigh up the prices and what I offer for £35 (includes the postage) that's a bargin.

Lastly if cardboard cases were that bad KR would be out of business.
I'm not saying your product is bad, and i agree it's a very good deal compared to what others are offering, just offering some feedback.

Even the best card is more susceptible to rain and damage than plastic, so personally i wouldn't want to use a card case but i'm sure others would.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Definately interested in something like this! Especially as a lot of my models are dynamically posed and struggle to fit in GW cases. I do however have a number of thunder wolf cavalry and dreads, they wouldn't fit in your trays would they?
Sadly they don't but I can get pick and pluck foam to accommodate that for you.

I wouldn't take it personally: Traffic is especially low on heresy at the moment and even when it's high it isn't anywhere near as frequented as the forums you mention.
I am surprised though because HO has always been a good forum, and when Fallen asserted I didn't own the pictures I don't know anymore.

As for it not being a suitable material. I have been using KR cases for large armies and have overpacked them frequently and they have never been damaged or dented (and most the time I walk to games or take in the back of a car). It's not as good as plastic but it's quite suitable as a cheaper alternative in my experience. Just my view.
Exactly, £35 for what I offer isn't too bad I thought. I have the skids greased for the trays to be put into carry on cases but I will get them done at a later stage. I just wanted to keep the cardboard cases nice and cheap for players to start with.

I'm not saying your product is bad, and i agree it's a very good deal compared to what others are offering, just offering some feedback.
I understand that, I was trying to show the merits of my product that was all :) And I appreciate any and all feedback.

Even the best card is more susceptible to rain and damage than plastic, so personally i wouldn't want to use a card case but i'm sure others would.
But would you use the card if you had your own transport where it wouldn't get wet, or for storing mins at home where they wouldn't get wet?

I hope it doesn't rain.
Me neither but if you keep them in the car when you travel or use for home storage they should be fine ;)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Honestly you would have to submerge it in a swimming pool for the box to lose it's integrity. I just put mine in carrier bags if it's raining. Problem solved.

Budget option.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Hmm. Is there a mismatch between the value proposed here and the product?

In other words, if I have the money for a car wouldn't I also have the money for a case with a more durable build?

And likewise, if I didn't have the money for a car and I had to take public transport, wouldn't I be encouraged again to buy a more durable material?

How big is the demographic who has both the income for personal transport but wants to go cheap on their cases?

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Hmm. Is there a mismatch between the value proposed here and the product?

In other words, if I have the money for a car wouldn't I also have the money for a case with a more durable build?

And likewise, if I didn't have the money for a car and I had to take public transport, wouldn't I be encouraged again to buy a more durable material?

How big is the demographic who has both the income for personal transport but wants to go cheap on their cases?
Eh, I see your point, but personally I don't think so.

I have a car, and buy minis, but there's no reason for me to buy expensive cases. I buy foam trays to store infantry and simply stack them before placing them in huge tupperware containers. For vehicles, I use boxes of GW products lined and stuffed with bubble wrap.

I doubt I'd ever bring any miniatures if taking public transportation or on a ship/plane. I'd just drive wherever I'm going, and use my own containers loaded into the back of my car. I'm not the type who would fly across the country or the world to play 40k. More power to those who do, and I understand why they would want something as heavy-duty as possible.

The things that give me problems are oddly-shaped large models like winged Daemon Princes, Juggernauts, and so on. Especially those that I've converted that have fragile elements to them. I usually have to build a little customized bubble-wrap/foam lined box out of something I've received from Amazon/eBay.

I really appreciate this product at the price point. I doubt I'd buy any, though.

Best of luck selling your merchandise! Both the price/quality look solid to me.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I typically just use double layer pistol cases. They can be had for reasonable prices and the foam can be cut or replaced as needed

1 - 20 of 73 Posts