Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I think someone should work on giving us new usernames, as "junior member", "member" and such seem pretty bland to me. Maybe a ranking system dealing with Chaos such as "heretic", "aspiring champion", "chaos lord"?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I like that, but perhaps the fans of armies other than Chaos would prefer a more generic title? such as Recruit, to Aspiring Champion, to Lord? not actuall suggestions, just an example

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like that, but perhaps the fans of armies other than Chaos would prefer a more generic title? such as Recruit, to Aspiring Champion, to Lord? not actuall suggestions, just an example
Yeah, I guess your right, but this is Heresy Online, hehehe. I just want something other than the bland stuff.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Perhaps a question in the registration could clear the problem of army affiliations up with a drop down box of armies so that, that particular members usernames were matched to their army of choice.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
We had this on the last forum and it worked out pretty well, but with all the hustle and bustle going on I suppose the mod team has forum-saving to do. We'll get titles one of these days. Take heart!

-Dirge

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
We had them one and all it takes is for someone tor realize they're only 10 away from their next rank and suddenly there's a bunch of 'me too!' and other pointless spam

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I think it should be kept basic to stop the post pumping as pointed out. I always tell peopel do something exciting or interesting and someone will give you a custom title like Galahd "professional nitpicker" I'm pretty sure that is not on the forum ranking system.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
If you want a custom title, all you have to do is subscribe!

However, the idea of auctioning off a custom user title or some other perk as a prize for some sort of on-board contest would be cool (like a mini painting contest, or a custom unit contest, or fluff writing, etc)

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Until people figure it out ;-)

I just don;t think it really adds much. Especially since we'd have to pick a 'theme' and invariably someone will dislike the theme and complain about it

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree with Jezlad and others, that its pretty pointless and will just encourage spamming, for people racing to get the next 'level' of x or y. Instead people will post something meaningful or nothing at all really, as there is no real point in spamming without reward.

-Rob

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Where can I ask about certain conditions of subscribing?

·
Darth Druchii
1,574 Posts
Its an odd one, although I'm a member of several forums, I don't really post a great deal, or try not to post unless I think I'm adding something, or its one of the odd have a laugh type threads. But I've seen several ranks type systems, one in particular has every army done, and each person picks the one they want to represent them, but that seems a little much to me. I'd agree they don't add alot, and I've always raised an eyebrow when I see someone with 2K post count and they have been a member for only 3mnths-ish and they're not a Mod. I think my oldest forum, I've been a member for nearly 7 years, for 1200posts.

The award style titles would a fresh idea though if it can be done, Could even have two lvls, not sure how you'd tell them apart, colour maybe, but one lvl for current award holder, and another one for previous holder. That is of course reliant on if they were yearly held things or not.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Now im no mod (as you can tell by my bland title) but can people please stop suggesting ranks, especially on this thread where it has already been said that we will not enter an advanced ranking system because of the idea of spamming. The idea (i think) behind the currrent one is that peope know who the senior members are. Also it helps us old hands who have been around since this forum came alive recognise and help the newer members.

You want a custom rank, you have to earn it by either a) subscribing or b) winning it in a contest, which I beleive its one of the rewards for a painting contest that is being held right now, and continues until september 30th.

·
Registered
673 Posts
well, i think custom ranks of any kind (other than supporter ones, obviously) are cool, but if the system cant handle it, i suppose it doesnt matter. what i really would like to see would be a rank above senior member. coz anyone with 100 posts gets that, and frankly, im not really senior, and neither is anyone who hasnt been here for quite a while, so like maybe old vet if you have 750 posts? its just, beyond a certain point (100 is to close-a point) i cant tell how long people have been here, other than looking at their post count (which still doesnt help that much, ya have to work it out). i suppose it doesn't really matter, but its something that i have wanted to gripe about for a while now :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.