Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got bored of my space marines now and don't plan to expand on it, so I have decided to start a new project with an army I've always liked the look of, Nids.

I've borrowed a codex and bought a few models but wanted peoples opinion on a fun list I am putting together. Please note this is a fun list so I would prefer advice on tweaks to war-gear rather than a whole overhaul

HQ:
1) Flyrant with TL Devourers
2) Tyranid Prime with BS and Spine Fists

TROOP:
1) 30 Termagants
2) Tervigon
3) 20 Haumagaunts with toxin sacs
4) 4 warriors x3 devourers x1 barbstrangler
5) 4 warrior with rending claws and scything talons (Prime attached)
6) 8 Genestealer (7 and 1 Broodlord)

ELITE:
1) Lictor

FAST:
1) Hive Crone

HEAVY:
1) x2 Biovores
2) x2 Carnifex's with Heavy Venom Canons
3) Mawlok

2000 points

·
Registered
199 Posts
Couple of things I'd change and couple I'd keep:

HQ is pretty perfect.
Fast attack is good (I'd think about a second Crone or a Harpy, but might not then again)

Troops: As Prime boost BS and WS of Warriors by +1, it is a big improvement for the shooting phase - so I'd attach it to the shooty ones instead. (I prefer deathspitter over devourer,but that's just me)

I'd lose the Hormagaunt and swap them for a Zoan and a Venomthrope and gang them up with the Biovores. Place them in cover and so have a artillery with 2+ cover and synapse :)

Genestealers are expensive in points, but I love them and as my Lictors, but Lictors are utter crap. :(
They are good to infiltrate and have a Mawloc deep striking next to it - right under an enemy squad, but will the Lictor survive one turn of shooting?

Also, you might want Hive Guards to deal with vehicles.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's some really good feedback, yea i makes sense to put the prime with the shooty units.

Also i like your thinking with dropping the Hormagaunt's, I only included them as i bought the swarm box set :)

The only reason i brought the lictor and genestealers is i just like how they look :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
The only reason i brought the lictor and genestealers is i just like how they look
Great minds think alike :laugh: I take them for the same reason.

What is the other weapon for the carnifex as you can take only one Venom Cannon/Stranglehorn Cannon per model?

Also one recommendation: instead of a Mawloc - use a Trygon Prime with a Bio-artefect called Miasma Cannon - it is fantastic Poisonous weapon (remember you also will have the Bio-electric pulse). The Trygon Prime gives you more Synapse and a really deadly shooter unit - Really deadly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts