Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hidden in amongst all the nurgley excitement, we've got two new bundle deals for Marines and Tyranids.

Wrath of the Hive Mind is a wee tyranid army that'll actually make a battle-forged legal list straight out of the box, and comes with a cost saving on buying stuff individually (although not as good a discount the Tyranid Swarm bundle). Hive Tyrants and Tervigons are a couple of the cooler minis in the 'nids range (imo), so it's nice to see them make their way into a starter bundle.

The Adeptus Astartes Strikeforce is the marines bundle will also make a battle-forged force if you split your tac squad into 2 fives... (I've not added up the cost of it, but I'm presuming there's a saving there too).

Nothing especially new or exciting, but it's always nice to see GW releasing bundles that'll actually save someone money :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woo Hoo savings again, wonder what made them change
To be fair, the idea of army boxes with savings never really went away - everyone just focusses on the 'one-click' deals that get released every week that simply bundle all the releases for the week together, and have never claimed to be anything more than a convenience. GW even released other discount bundle deals with some codexes (the aforementioned Tyranid Swarm stands out for value - it works out at a little over £1 a mini, and that includes a carnifex. Still seems to be available even alongside this release). These ones stand out to me as they everything in them looks pretty usable, where a lot of the previous army deals have contained units which were pretty weak. Even better, these don't appear to be web exclusive, so should be available from your discount retailer of choice for even more value :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts