Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a wolves player and have been for a long time. I now think I need a change lol
I'm wanting a bike army and don't really fancy ravenwing as I think it might start a secret war in my hobby room at night like " night in the museum"
So I'm looking for CC and advice from bike list vets before I cash out £350+ for this army lol

Anyway here it is

White scars
friendly all rounder
1500points CAD

Kor'sarro khan, moondrakkan

Command squad 5x bikes, apothecary, standard, all SS + power lance,2 metlabomb

5 man bike squad, Sgt with lance, 2 melta gun, attack bike multimelta
5 man bike squad, Sgt with lance, 2 melta gun, attack bike multimelta
5 man bike squad, Sgt with combi grav, 2 grav gun, attack bike multimelta
5 man bike squad, Sgt with combi grav, 2 grav gun, attack bike multimelta

2 landspeeders, multimelta, missile launcher
2 landspeeders, multimelta, assault cannon

Upgraded to 1850 points

storm talon with TL assault cannon, TL lascannon
2 X librarian on bikes ML 2

I'll say firstly in my meta there's not a lot of flyers at 1500 so I'm not too worried about AA to start with
The idea being at 1500 the Khan rides with command squad as my CC unit using H+R to make the most of the power lances and if up agains 2+ saves use melta bombs.
The 2 grav squads go after the 2+ save enemy first and the 2 melta squads go after vehicles if needed
Landspeeders go after infantry style troops using blast missiles, assault cannons.
Whilst all units see what objectives need secured and get there fast to claim points.
When using the 1850 list simply attach Libby's to different bike squads using divination to get Prescience and hopefully perfect timing for re-rolls and ignoring cover.
Then the lonely storm talon can hopefully shave off some flyer hull points if needed before getting destroyed but if no flyers just pick ground targets as I see fit.

dont be gentle I'm not after a super duper competitive list but something that can hold its own and fluffy

Cheers guys

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I'd be tempted to drop the four Land Speeders for a pair of Stormtalons, as not being a Gladius you don't get Objective Secured on the Speeders and they're not the most wonderful fire support units in the world (plus your current list is going to get torn up by a Heldrake or a lone Flyrant or something) but apart from that it's a very solid list. With two Stormtalons in the 'base' list, I'd change the 1850 list to adding a Libarius Conclave (3 Level 2 Librarians on Bikes, one gets the Hunter's Eye, 350pts on the head). If you do, worth dropping an Attack Bike for Grav Guns on the Command Squad and put the Hunter's Eye in there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have been quite successful recently fielding a Scarblade force. Also its great fun as a 'Scar!
ist as follows:

Scarblade Strike Force 1849pts

1st Hunting Force

Khan
Command Squad Apoth,4 SS, 4GG, Banner of the Eagle
2 Bike Squads each Sgt, Biker, 2 GG bikers, MM Attack Bike
AB Squad 1 MMAB
Scout Bike Squad Sgt, 2 Scoutbikers, 2 Scoutbikers with AGL

2nd Hunting Force

Captain on bike Power sword, Storm Shield
2 Bike Squads each Sgt, Biker, 2 GG bikers, MM Attack Bike
AB Squad 1 MMAB
Scout Bike Squad Sgt, 2 Scoutbikers, 2 Scoutbikers with AGL

Speartip Strike

Land Speeder hb/hb
1Bike Squads each Sgt, Biker, 2 GG bikers, HB Attack Bike
1Bike Squads each Sgt, Biker, 1 GG biker,1 Flamer biker, HB Attack Bike.

Run the Captain and the Khan with the Command squad, all 5 man bike units in the Hunting Force get 2 HoW attacks!
Main Special Rules
"After deployment is complete, pick an HQ unit in the enemy army to be this Formation's primary target, then two other units to be the Formation's secondary and tertiary targets. The primary target is the Formation's prey at the start of the game; once that unit is completely destroyed, the secondary target becomes the Formation's prey, and so on. When attacking theur prey, units from this Formation re-roll failed To Hit and To Wound rolls. In addition, if a unit from this Formation charges their prey, they have the Furious Charge special rule until the end of the phase. (See Kauyon - The Rules, pg. 33.)"

"Models from this Formation that make Hammer of Wrath attacks make two hits instead of one if there are at least five models in their unit. (See Kauyon - The Rules, pg. 33.)"

This force is pretty lethal, and great fun to play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.