Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm am new to WH40k and starting a 1000 point army along with a few of my friends. I have chosen Dark Angels as my first and have put together a triad of lists.
I'd like to know if either of them is worth using, and any changes you might make to them. Also please feel free to post any armies you might have used or something
that fit within 1000 pts.

I know I have maybe made a mistake by trying to use bikes and termies in the same army with so few points to go around, but it's a concept I'm in love with and would
like it incorporate it if at all possible.

This first army uses Belial and is currently my favored choice of the three.

Tactical Squad
-5 additional Space Marines
-Lascannon
-Plasma Gun
Deathwing Terminator Squad
-Cyclone Missile Launcher
-Standard Bearer
-2 Chain Fists
-Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield
-Lightning Claws
Ravenwing Attack Squadron
-3 Additional Bikers
-2 Meltaguns
-1 Flamer
Dreadnought
-Venerable
-Missile Launcher
Belial, Master of the Deathwing

Total.........................................1000 pts

The second uses Sammael on his Jetbike, but seems less point efficient than the Belial Army.

Tactical Squad
-Lascannon
-Sergeant Melta-Bombs
-3 Additional Bikers
-2 Meltaguns
-Attack Bike/Multimelta
-Land Speeder
-Lightning Claws
Sammael, Master of the Ravenwing

Total............................................1000 pts

The last list I have compiled uses a Company Master (though I've heard interrogator-chaplains are good for DA).

Tactical Squad
-5 Additional Marines
-Plasma Gun
Tactical Squad
-Lascannon
Company Master
-Power Weapon
-Plasma Pistol
Dreadnought
-Extra Armour
-Missile Launcher
Assault Squad
-Power Fist
Land Raider Crusader
-Hunter-killer Missile
-Extra Armour

Please don't hold back with criticism/advice. I'm totally new here and would love any input. (Just please keep it polite)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know I have maybe made a mistake by trying to use bikes and termies in the same army with so few points to go around, but it's a concept I'm in love with and would
like it incorporate it if at all possible.

Some of the most competitive DA army builds are called 'Doublewing' where you use bother Belial and Sammy and have equal amounts of Bikes and Terms

This first army uses Belial and is currently my favored choice of the three.

Tactical Squad
-Lascannon
-Plasma Gun

Good standard layout. Give them a Rhino to make them mobile and possibly switch the Las for a Missle launcher for a bit more flexability with the alternate blast

-Cyclone Missile Launcher
-Standard Bearer
-2 Chain Fists
-Lightning Claws

If you plan on footslogging them across the board, CML is the proper choice with the added range. However, if you are planning to use Deathwing Assualt, I would switch to Assault Cannon as it gives you a better punch... also... Chain Fists are useless against anything except Land Raiders and Walkers. But a Str 8 power fist should still be able to take out 12 armor of a Dread and you are hitting rear armor on any tank you assault which is most likely to be 10. Save the points and get rid of the chain fists.

-3 Additional Bikers
-2 Meltaguns
-1 Flamer

If I'm not mistaken, you can only take 2 metla / flamer / plasma guns and the 3rd choice would have to be a combi melta / flamer / plasma on the sgt. You have the right idea with these guys though, Ravenwing with meltas make excellent armor poppers

Dreadnought
-Venerable
-Missile Launcher

If you plan on making him a shooty dread, drop the ven and give him a lascannon / missle as you make both weapons range 48 and just stick him in the back and shoot away

Give him a pair of Lightning Claws if you can, it really maximizes his CC abiltiy

The second uses Sammael on his Jetbike, but seems less point efficient than the Belial Army.

Tactical Squad
-Lascannon
-Sergeant Melta-Bombs

See note above about Rhino

-3 Additional Bikers
-2 Meltaguns
-Attack Bike/Multimelta
-Land Speeder

Remember, the Land Speeder and Attack Bike are their own units... and DO count towards objective grabbing as their are scoring units. Be careful though as they aren't CC monsters and low number of wounds can make them die fast when under lots of fire

-Lightning Claws

I would try to fit in a heavy weapon if you could because if they come in via deep strike, they will be sitting ducks for a turn and having some heavy weapon won't make them completely useless

Sammael, Master of the Ravenwing

On his bike, he isn't an IC, so can be picked off by heavy weapons when he is around another squad. Putting him in the Land Raider Equivilent Land Speed would be my suggestion as its tough to kill and lots of fire power.

Total............................................1000 pts

The last list I have compiled uses a Company Master (though I've heard interrogator-chaplains are good for DA).

Tactical Squad
-5 Additional Marines
-Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad
-Lascannon

Rhino note as above

Company Master
-Power Weapon
-Plasma Pistol

Pretty standard layout, I'm guessing you are putting him with the Assualt squad which would work.

Dreadnought
-Extra Armour
-Missile Launcher

Drop the Extra Armor, it is useless on a shooty dread as you shouldn't be charging forward and if you can't shoot you can't shoot

Assault Squad
-Power Fist

Take the packs off them and give them the free rhino... and use the rhino for your tact squad and put these guys with your HQ in the LRC.

Land Raider Crusader
-Hunter-killer Missile
-Extra Armour

Save the points and loose the EA and Missle, just wasted points as you can't guarentee them to do much reliably and LRCs are hard to stun, so the EA isnt worth it in my opinion.

Please don't hold back with criticism/advice. I'm totally new here and would love any input. (Just please keep it polite)
Hope these tips help. Very good start, and I hope you enjoy your DA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) I've actually modified it a little bit, and here is what I have as my main idea now.

-Chain Fist
-Heavy Flamer
-Standard Bearer
-Apothecary
-Lightning Claws
-3 Additional Bikers
-2 Meltaguns
-Atk Bike/Multimelta
Ravenwing Support Squadron
-Multi-melta
-Typhoon Missile Launcher

Total.............................1000 pts

Now... Should I swap one of the meltas on the bikes for sometthing else since I have the multi-melta on teh the land speeder?
Or perhaps drop the multi-melta fromt he speeder? Or is this list just complete junk?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would lose the extra 3 bikes and the landspeeder thats 175pts.
take ether another RW W/ 3bikes, 2meltas and meltabombs 145 and melta bombs for the other RW squad+5 and a CML for the hammerers.+20=170
OR a pred annilator 130 lose the h flamer and take 2 CML+40= 170
well thats my opinion. the bikes die way to fast so dont waist the points on the extra 3 bikes. its better to spend 40 more for the 2 iditional meltas..

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Possibly consider vets under the new FAQ with power weapons or meltas in the rhino instead of the assault, after dropping the 3 extra bikers and Land speeder and drop the company master for an Interrogator Chaplain.

20 power weapon attacks on the charge, re-rolling to hit, plus IC, straight out of a crusader is just my cup of tea :biggrin:

·
Registered
94 Posts
i would lose the extra 3 bikes and the landspeeder thats 175pts.
take ether another RW W/ 3bikes, 2meltas and meltabombs 145 and melta bombs for the other RW squad+5 and a CML for the hammerers.+20=170
OR a pred annilator 130 lose the h flamer and take 2 CML+40= 170
well thats my opinion. the bikes die way to fast so dont waist the points on the extra 3 bikes. its better to spend 40 more for the 2 iditional meltas..
I don't think he should lose the extra bikes to get a new RW squad. thats -20pts. plus meltas -40pts. The RW bikers need some wounds to put on normal bikers so the meltas won't get killed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts