Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly new to vampire counts, and Warhammer in general. Bought and painted a few boxes of skellies and a terrorgheist before deciding to stick with them. Built two similiar lists, somewhat based on a Lahmian theme. Just wanted to know which was better, and if there are any glaring flaws in the lists.

Master necromancer; Level 4, master of death, talisman of preservation

Vampire; Glittering scales, sword of might, beguile, dread knight
Vampire;Barded nightmare, great weapon, heavy armour, enchanted shield and quickblooded

30 skelentons with champion and standard
30 skelentons with champion and standard
5 dire wolves

12 Black knights;Barding, lances, champion & standard bearer

Vargheist

My other option is identical, but with the vargheist and footslogging vampire removed and swapped with a terrorgheist, a banshee, and 2 fellbats.

The necromancer would be general and sit in the skellies, with the footslogging vamp. The mounted vamp would use a black knight bus, supported by the vargheist or terrorgheist. The dire wolves and fell bats would work as redirectors and unit drops during deployment.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Looks pretty solid. Undead lists are all about the large hordes of infantry. As a personal tweak I always think Grave Guard are welcome to any undead list. I would potentially swap the Vargheist and one of the heroes for a block of 20 minimum.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, but I was under the idea that grave guard and black knights were fairly interchangeable, with the black knights being slightly tougher, and the grave guard dealing more damadge due to their numbers.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yeah, I would consider that a fair evaluation, but you run the risk of smaller units being exponentially easier to kill than larger units as you will have less chance to invocation on them. Either will be a welcome addition to a VC list

1 - 4 of 4 Posts