Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ahem, it's meant to say 2000pts... and so it shall- T/S Hey guys, Just started VC using Mantic games models. This list if formed from A couple of characters, a box of twenty skelies, and the undead starter box and the game starter box with undead and dwarves. Well here goes, all comments and criticisms welcome.

Lords

Vampire lord
  • lv.3
  • Master of the black arts
  • Forbidden lore
  • Lord of the dead
  • The flayed hauback

Heroes

Necromancer
  • 2 extra necromancy spells
  • Sceptre de noirot
  • Black Periapt

Core

40 skeletons
  • full command
  • 40 spears

20 skeletons
  • full command

30 crypt ghouls
  • crypt gahst

30 zombies

20 skeletons
  • full command

Special

30 grave guard
  • full command

Thanks in advance guys...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
cmon guys, please just give mea little feedback if you view. Thanks

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Which Forbidden Lore have you taken, I would recommend Light.

I'm not really sure Zombies do anything at all really. Thats a 120 points that could buy you another Vampire with Avatar of Death or something.

Aramoro

·
Registered
386 Posts
Damn you eyes!!! I saw your post and had to lookup the Mantic Games you were refering to. $300.00 later I'm back with even more undead under my command! Wich I wouldn't mind except I had 10k pts already! A well, now I can get rid of theses overpriced GW bits and use the Mantics.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lord has no ward save which is a bit of a worry, and also your army is fairly slow without too much dispelling power other than a level 3 and another necromancer. I'd drop a skellie block to get a varghulf to run up one flank. Besides speed, there will just be a lack of space - If you deploy the 40 skellies, 30 GG and 30 ghouls 10-wide then that will take up a lot of space, and you can only march withing 12" of your general since you have no other vampires.

I'd change the list like this:

Lords

Vampire lord
lv.3
Master of the black arts
Forbidden lore (light)
The flayed hauberk
Crown of 4+ ward and stupidity (don't have the book in front of me)

Heroes

Necromancer
VDM and IoN, Staff of single attack per model in 12"

Vampire
Book of Arkhan, Black periapt, Enchanted shield (to burn up 5 points)

Core

40 skeletons
full command
40 spears

15 skeletons
full command

30 crypt ghouls
crypt ghast

Special

30 grave guard
full command

Rare

Varghulf

Total = 1998

The hero vamp should speed things up with the book and the ability to march, and the Varghulf should add a bit more speed. If you don't like to run a single varghulf then drop it for a black coach by dropping a magic item or two.

·
Registered
442 Posts
the lord has a ward but have a look into this lord set up lv3 forbidden lore talismen of preservation cadaverou cuirras sword of strife master of the black arts lord of dead also try make room for black coach and banner of the barrows

·
Registered
353 Posts
Vampire Counts enchanted shield isnt 5 points. You only use the points in the rulebook if you dont have the item in your armybook. I dont like the 15 skeletons that have no real place in the army, either give your vamp lord, Lord of the dead, so you can spam invocation and bring them up to a strong size, or drop them and find a better use of the points.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts