Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I need advice for my first 40k battle ever. I will be facing my friend who also got into 40K and he has chosen chaos space marines for his first army, any way please feed me with all of the tactical knowledge you can about Tyranids, 40K or how to crush Chaos! Thanks a lot, RAAM.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Contrary to popular forum belief, Tyranids are a good and flexible army and rather than write pages and pages I refer you to pages and pages already written.

Armies in 5th
AbusePuppy's Review

Both of these links have specific articles about Tyranids in them (under Tyranids & AbusePuppy headings) and are very good. The Armies in 5th articles look more at the top notch competitive side of how the new codex works in 5th edition whilst AbusePuppy's review looks more at a mildly competitive state of the game and how to equip your units.

·
Registered
384 Posts
thnk about bringing alot of hormagaunts and giving them bio-upgrades and having two units of them outflank. very cheap and tables alot of stuff. Hive guard and tyranid primes work very well together. and warriors and trygon primes are both very good units and "synapse". The most important nid rule.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
thnk about bringing alot of hormagaunts and giving them bio-upgrades and having two units of them outflank. very cheap and tables alot of stuff. Hive guard and tyranid primes work very well together. and warriors and trygon primes are both very good units and "synapse". The most important nid rule.
You can only outflank at most one unit of hormagants and that is only if you have a tyrant with hive commander.

Check out the first posters link... it may be useful. Go to the tyranid lists page. Read over what people are putting up and how people are responding to it. You can often find strategy and counter-strategy there. That is how I started. I read over what people were posting. Got an idea of what worked. Then I took a look at the GW website and found out which models I liked the most. I wrote up a list that was a mix of both and then bought them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts