1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a codex from my cousin long ago but didn' t cosider WH very well
Now I got some interest
What do you guess would be a good list

I need an army that is strog enough to conter tyranid troop waves, flexible enough to purge eldars and mighty enough to destroy IG armyes

So can you help me ?

Thx in advance

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Edit: Truth to that, sorry about my idiocy.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Well thank god for that insight, DestroyerHive...

Anyway, that's a pretty tall order, Jason.

A lot depends upon what models you have available.

However, learn to love the Heavy Flamer. Sisters of Battle can carry a Heavy Flamer in basic troop units and it is astonishingly good against, infantry. It will certainly hurt 'nids, Guard and Eldar.

Use Divine Guidance for extra fun.

The Exorcist is perhaps the best tank in the game, if you can ever get it to work. Conventional wisdom is to take two, this I fully support.

Do not bother with the 'freakshow' units (Repentia, Arco-flagelants, Penitent Engines).

Be careful about how many =][= units you have in your army - some of them can be useful, but they are not faithful, and Faith is where your army lives or dies.

Consider something like this:

Canonness (Cloak of St. Aspira, Mantle of Ophelia)
Armed with either a blessed weapon or eviscerator and some kind of pistol, depending on what you feel like.
Either give her a jump pack or a Celestian Retinue and Immolator.

3-4 squads of Battle sisters
VSS (Book of St. Lucius, combi-flamer OR combi-melta AND meltabombs)
9 Battle sisters (Meltagun, Heavy Flamer)
Rhino

2 Exorcists (Extra Armour)

Add Seraphim or =][= to taste.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Space Marines. You need no experience, and you'll still have a great chance at winning.
Well thx you genius, I was asking about WH and not spess marines, try first to read the tiltle of the section where you write, It' s Witch Hunter Army Lists.

@ Azezel

Wich models I posess Is of no matter, the fact that I am interested is the list, cuz It' s not like I am going to a turnament with an army that I barely know and btw me and my friends often enjoy to use the Pretend to Be tactic if we don't have the right models

The Exorcist is perhaps the best tank in the game, if you can ever get it to work. Conventional wisdom is to take two, this I fully support.
You mean that I have to roll d6 right ?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Yes, the Exorcist is Heavy d6, which means you cannot rely upon it. When you roll a five or six though, the enemy will know fear.

I mean you want 3-4 squads of Battle Sisters, each squad equipped something like that example.

I run 3 squads in my 1'000 point list and 3 or 4 in my 1'500 point list. They are damned good troops. The Heavy Flamer and Book of St. Lucius are pretty-much must-have items. A Meltagun is always useful. Combi-weapons are great for that moment when you really need to hurt that tank/horde.

Expect to pay around 200-225 points for a squad of Battle Sisters. Any less and you're probably missing something important, any more and it's too expensive for what you'll get.

I use:

Battle Sister Squad
VSS (Combi-flamer, Meltabombs, Book of St. Lucius)
9 Battle sisters (Meltagun, Heavy Flamer)
Rhino
:216 Points

You can if you feel like it, issue the VSS with a Power Sword, but it's debateable how useful that really is. Sisters are just plain bad at close-combat and oner powe sword won't help much.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I made a list

-Canoness
+Cloak of St. Aspira
+Mantle of Ophelia
+Inferno Pistol
+Blessed Weapon
+Jump Pack
total 145

-4x 9 sisters + VSS <--[+ combi melta, meltabombs, book of st. lucius, power weapon, power armour]
+melta gun
+heavy flamer
+Rhino
each squad 241

-Vindicare assasin (just for fun) 110

-2 Exorcists 280
+armour

total 1499
lol the limit is 1500

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Mostly sound, save for a couple of points.

You cannot include an Assassin unless you have an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord in the army.

Also, you needn't buy Power Armour for the Veteran Sisters Superior, they are already so equipped.

Removing the assassin and Power Armour gives you another 150 points to spend.

You could spend that on a third Exorcist, but 3 at 1'500 points might be considered unsporting in a friendly game.

You could add a squad or two of Stormtroopers to hold objectives while your Battle sisters march onwards, or perhaps a fairly cheap squad of Seraphim.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mostly sound, save for a couple of points.

You cannot include an Assassin unless you have an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord in the army.
Yeah, sry didn' t notice the rule

Also, you needn't buy Power Armour for the Veteran Sisters Superior, they are already so equipped.

Removing the assassin and Power Armour gives you another 150 points to spend.

You could spend that on a third Exorcist, but 3 at 1'500 points might be considered unsporting in a friendly game.
haha unsporting, my friend that has IG uses 3 leman russ tanks and 1 valkyre and 1 vendetta, so don' t worry

You could add a squad or two of Stormtroopers to hold objectives while your Battle sisters march onwards, or perhaps a fairly cheap squad of Seraphim.
Thx for helping

·
Registered
583 Posts
2+ on your commander isnt really necessary, it only adds a tiny bit of survivability...

i run bare minimum squads but in return i get alot more troops...

i dont run with combi-weapons (mostly because i dont bother modeling them) and a good old bolter dose the job just as well

VSS Book an eviserator and/or meltabombs, (if you feel so zealous) work just fine with 9 sisters with a heavy flamer and melta

because your heroin has a jump pack i HIGHLY recommend getting a little squad of seraphim but remember, NEVER EVER EVER!!! join them togeather, the canoness or equivalent dose NOT have hit and run so she will remove it from the seraphim

if she is behind the squad she gets a lovely cover and dosnt keep the squad from being able to leave....

i also remember something about giving her a blessed weapon, dont hold me to it but i would look into it

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Dark's list seems quite servicable.

2+ on your commander isnt really necessary, it only adds a tiny bit of survivability...

I could not disagree more strongly. A 2+ save which easily becomes invulnerable makes her a brick - you will pretty much never regret the points cost of the Cloak of St. Aspira.

i run bare minimum squads but in return i get alot more troops...

i dont run with combi-weapons (mostly because i dont bother modeling them) and a good old bolter dose the job just as well

Mostly yes, but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Combi-weapons are there for when you need an emergency backup plan and you need it now. I can recal at least one game which I would have lost had it not been for that extra rending flame template.

VSS Book an eviserator and/or meltabombs, (if you feel so zealous) work just fine with 9 sisters with a heavy flamer and melta

That's true. I don't run every VSS with a combi-weapon, I mix in a couple of eviscerators. Anyone who doesn't have a 'viscerator has meltabombs.

because your heroin has a jump pack i HIGHLY recommend getting a little squad of seraphim but remember, NEVER EVER EVER!!! join them togeather, the canoness or equivalent dose NOT have hit and run so she will remove it from the seraphim

Just because your Canonness has a jump pack does not mean you MUST field Seraphim - not at this point leverl, anyway. But Otep is right - for the love of god, do not let your Canonness join the squad if you do have one.

In my tactics, the Jump-Canonness acts either as a roving tank-buster or as a one-woman tarpit. Seraphim help with one of those roles, but not the other.

if she is behind the squad she gets a lovely cover and dosnt keep the squad from being able to leave....

i also remember something about giving her a blessed weapon, dont hold me to it but i would look into it

A Canonness should almost always be equipped with a Blessed Weaponn OR Eviscerator. Which depends on what you want her to do. I like the 'viscerator myself, because it's noisy and makes tanks go 'boom'.
It's worth noting that where your army will live-or-die is in your use of Acts of Faith, they will count for more than wargear, done right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts