Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Me and a few friends are just starting to play warhammer we all are new to it and the rules (the guy who got us into it moved back to London) at the moment I have for Necrons 20 Necron Warriors; 5 Immortals/ 5 Deathmarks 5 Canoptek Scarab Swarms, Ghost Ark, 2 Necron lords and a catacomb command barge. And for Chaos Space Marine 2 Chaos Lord, 1 Helbrute, 2 Aspiring Champion and 11 Chosen. 36 Chaos Cultists and a deamon prince. At the moment I'll be facing off against Dark Angels and deamons. The dark angel player wants to switch to space wolfs in the future. The dark angel player has basically 2 Dark Vengeance kits. I'm looking for help on what stuff I should get next for my army's. I really like obliterators and plan on getting some soon. We are playing 6th edition for now (everyone has 6th edition books) and we are doing 500 point lists with no fliers till we get better with the rules. Any help on what I could pick up for my armies or even possible list ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
For chaos marines i strongly suggest Obliterators and spawns, later on bikers and havocs. I've made tacticas for spawns and oblits if you care to read those textwalls :biggrin:

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186506

and

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186682

A nice 500 pts list i could suggest is:

Chaos Lord, MoNurgle, bike, Powerfist, aura of dark glory, (140)

3 Nurgle spawns (108)

10 cultists,
10 cultists
(100)

1 Obliterator, MoNurgle
1 Obliterator, MoNurgle
(152)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
For CSM would recommend obliterators definitely. May also be worth considering some generic Chaos Space Marines for objective capturing as they are much more resilient than cultists and then also a sorcerer to buff up you guys. I personally quite like level 3 sorcerers on biomancy with a unit of chaos space marines with close combatweapons (if I have the points bolters too) and the sorcer can buff them and do some damage against multi wound models with his force weapon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts