Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help making a space wolfs list 500, 1000 and 1500
my friends are very casual and dont care about specifics on the characters if you say it has something(like a sm with a bolter can have a plama gun if you want)

here's what i got:
10 skyclaws
20 tac marines
3 wolf cavalry
10 terminators
2 rhinos
2 droppods
1 dreadnaught
2 long fang squads
4 hqs Logan Grimnar on Stormrider, Krom Dragongaze, Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf, Lukas the Trickster
1 captain

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking for help making simple 500 point army, 1000 point army, and 1500 point if i had enough. Im very new to this army and dont know what mixes well together :)

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
I don't quite understand what it is you're asking here...
He's looking for Space Wolf lists at the 500, 1k, and 1500 point levels for his gaming group.

Will post some lists later, once I've had a few minutes to go over a few idea's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks im up against BA, Da, tau, Csm, orks and dark eldar (there all new too XD but it looks like so much fun so we each go a new army )

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
someone told me that the dreads are that good in space wolfs? also how good are the hqs i have idk that much about them

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
10 skyclaws
20 grey hunters/blood claws
3 wolf cavalry
10 terminators
2 rhinos
2 droppods
1 dreadnaught
2 long fang squads
4 hqs Logan Grimnar on Stormrider, Krom Dragongaze, Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf, Lukas the Trickster
1 wolf lord/wolf guard battle leader
Alright, lets see what I can come up with using the following. Going to be making progressive lists using the Space Wolves and Company of the Great Wolf detachments.

Space Wolves detachment 500 points

Space Wolves detachment 1000 points

Space Wolf Detachment 1500 points

And as an added bit, bump the 1500 point list to 1850 by adding Grimnar on stormrider and a long fang.

Now onto the Company of the Great Wolf

500 Points

1000 Points

1500 Points

Between the two sets of lists the three using the Company of the Great Wolf detachment are smaller and more elite (none of them have any troop choices) while the ones using the Space Wolf detachment get bigger and more diverse while making use of several characters (2 HQ's, venerable dred, Lukas, and a lone wolf in addition to everything else in the 1500 point list.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much im going to try to learn the ins and outs of this army and stomp my friends :) just curious are the other hqs not worth the points or are they just meant for bigger battles

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
That's really up to you/the space wolf player and what he/she/you want to use. You can easily make a list using the thunder wolf lord, and consider other stuff to buy as well. Heres one such list:

Company of the great wolf detachment
HQ:
Wolf lord
Thunderwolf, storm shield, kraken born sword

Elites:
Murderfang in drop pod

Wolf guard terminators
Pack leader with storm shield and thunder hammer, heavy flamer with power axe, 2 terminators with power swords, 1 terminator with storm shield and thunder hammer

Fast attack:
Thunderwolf cavalry
Pack leader with frost axe and storm shield, 2 cavalry with storm shields

Storm wolf

Total: 980

Fornation: brotherhood of the Fell hand
Bjorn with plasma cannon

Venerable dred with great axe and blizzard shield

Venerable dred with wolf claw/heavy flamer and Helfrost Cannon

Total: 520

Army total: 1500

1 - 13 of 13 Posts